Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Overview and Position Profile
The Key Customer (KC) Director will lead all key customer-related marketing activities for Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC) at Jazz. Responsibilities include leading and developing a field-based marketing team, comprised of regional marketers. This field-based team will focus on key opinion leader (KOL) engagements to gain insights into the market and into regional marketing opportunities. The KC Director will develop strategies and implementation plans for SCLC products, directed towards important and influential external stakeholders. The KC Director will work closely with a wide range of internal functions, including regulatory, legal, medical, market access, and especially the sales team.
This individual will lead the development and execution of advisory boards, speaker programs and other peer-to-peer content, including case studies and speaker bureau presentations.
This individual will:
- Lead the Key Customer Marketing function for Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)
- Manage/coach field-based marketing direct reports
- Drive results in key areas, including KOL relationship management, refining our approach to insights collection/reporting and advocacy development, speaker identification, training and management, and regional marketing efforts
- Develop clinical and commercial knowledge of the small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) market
- Be the SCLC KOL expert for the company, understanding HCP segment beliefs regarding treatment and regarding our products
- Formulating strategic plans regarding our education and our KOL engagements based on a solid understanding of the market and market trends
- Develop strategies to enhance relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders - Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) across functions (MDs, pharmacists, nurses, administrators) and sites of care (academic and community)
- Lead the development, content creation and oversee deployment of national and regional advisory boards and other insight generation projects
- Lead speaker bureau development including recruiting, content development, training, execution and evaluation of branded and unbranded educational peer-to-peer programs
- Lead commercial strategy for medical conferences and meetings
- Lead direction to prioritize, develop and implement peer-to-peer education or other tactics that meet the needs of regional markets
- Establish strong relationships with key internal functions - brand marketing, sales, access, and medical teams
- Work with commercial operations to highlight any needed market research or data
- Contribute to the brand and tactical plans and ongoing business reviews
- Focus on ensuring business plans and tactics meet compliance and regulatory standards
- Participate in cross-functional teams and represent the Brand team at Promotional Material Review Committee (PMRC) meetings, and other internal meetings, as required
- Develop and manage agencies and budgets associated with key customer activities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 8+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with significant in-line marketing and/or sales experience
- 5+ years of oncology experience required
- Lung-cancer market experience preferred
- Launch experience preferred
- Commercial management experience required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Team oriented individual with solid communication skills including significant experience presenting to senior management and large audiences.
- Must demonstrate good judgement and evidence of good analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, planning, and project management skills.
- Acts decisively and independently: has confidence and ability to provide clear direction and make decisions (strategic & tactical) without guidance or affirmation (but knows when to inform/seek leadership buy-in)
- Approximately 30-50% travel is required.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's Degree (life sciences or a related discipline a plus)
- Graduate degree (preferred)
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.