Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Conduct all aspects of sample and reference compound custodial programs ensuring full GLP compliance. Provide client with detailed summaries of sample receipt clearly identify discrepancies and/or problem areas. Provide instrument maintenance, system monitoring, laboratory cleanliness and supply allocation. Utilize multiple databases to allow for tracking and scheduling of laboratory maintenance and processes.
- Perform all tasks related to sample and reference compound custodianship, utilizing the Laboratory Information System (LIMS).
- Represent Quintiles through routine client contact related to sample receipt.
- Process time-sensitive requests of sample and reference compounds.
- May provide hominization and plating of samples in support of scientific teams
- May solubilize test articles in support of scientific teams
- Provide Team Leaders with feedback on LIMS study design.
- Responsible for maintenance schedules for laboratory equipment.
- Maintain, clean, and check calibration of instrumentation including but not limited to pipettes, centrifuges, balances, freezers, TurboVaps, SpeedVacs, and water purifiers at all Quintiles Facilities.
- Investigate malfunctions and perform repairs, or contact repair agencies as necessary.
- Maintain equipment records and maintenance logs in compliance with Quintiles standard operating procedures and GLP regulations.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all control matrices, QC samples, and compounds.
- Provide quality control through peer review of maintenance, monitoring, and other Laboratory Operation's documentation.
- Clean wet laboratory spaces, including disinfecting bench tops and hood spaces.
- Maintain the laboratory in a safe and orderly manner.
- Wash and distribute laboratory glassware, and ensure an adequate supply of clean glassware at all times.
- Dispose of chemical and biohazardous waste throughout Quintiles facilities.
- Assist in maintaining an adequate in house stock of laboratory supplies.
- Provide support for after-hour deliveries
- Support and respond to after-hour alarms and/or other job critical emergencies.
- Comply with all applicable regulatory standards, including Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain clean and efficient laboratory operations.
- Ability to perform fully GLP compliant sample and reference compound custody.
- Ability to provide effective client communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and perform minor repairs to daily use equipment.
- Basic chemistry knowledge and how it relates to a safety in the work place.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma with 3 years' related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a GLP analytical laboratory.
- Regular standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: R1063561