About the Department
At Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI) our scientists apply cutting-edge technologies to early Research & Development (R&D) projects with the goal of bringing real change to People with Diabetes and Obesity. Your skills, dedication and ambition will help change lives for the better and you will work with extraordinary talent, continuously learn and develop, and drive changes to defeat serious chronic conditions. We recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which stimulates a strong culture of ingenuity and innovation and our support of a healthy work-life balance adds to a best-in-class employee experience. As a new focus area, we aim to build up a dynamic computational team, which will leverage structure-based design, computational biology and machine learning expertise to the drug discovery process. Our aim is to strengthen target identification and drug design processes at NNRCSI and through global collaboration across our R&D sites. This team will implement state-of-the-art structural modelling and machine learning technologies to improve functional and biophysical properties of proteins, peptides and new molecular format for future therapies. They will build up bioinformatics expertise spanning areas from sequence analysis, computer vision and different omics and pathway analysis. This team will work in a flexible, cross-functional setting in close collaboration with experimentalists to drive pre-clinical projects with very ambitious scientific goals. They will have external collaborations with academic and biotech partners within computational drug discovery in North America. We are changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Laboratory Operations Coordinator works as part of the manufacturing team and supports efficient operation of the manufacturing laboratories and ensures adequate maintenance of the general laboratory equipment. This position will perform a variety of laboratory operational upkeep to provide uninterrupted support for the production activities of the Fremont site.
The Laboratory Operations Coordinator will work at the Stem Cell manufacture facility located in Fremont, California. The Laboratory Operations Coordinator will report to a member of the Stem Cell Manufacture Leadership Team. Internal stakeholders include employees in R&D in Novo Nordisk A/S, employees of University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), and employees at the Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI) and Novo Nordisk Quality.
- Liaison between laboratory users and warehouse personnel for materials request, transfer and restocking of the laboratories
- Manage materials, reagents and supplies inventory for all laboratories
- Maintain stock of all lab supplies, reagents and chemicals
- Primary logistics personnel in restocking under GXP and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines
- Perform material transfers into and from the manufacturing facility and other laboratories including material request, performing material wipe down, receiving intermediates and finished goods and returning materials to inventory
- Perform periodic cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as written
- Recognize situations in which management and/or Technologists should be consulted
- Perform additional job-related duties as required
- High-school diploma is required. Associates degree in science-related discipline is preferred
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in laboratory operational support
- Experience working directly or indirectly in material management of the biotech industry is preferred
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work with a high level of accuracy, effectively multi-tasking and prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and produce results
- Ability to work in a fast-pace and team-oriented environment, handling interactions with staff using excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Flexible in regard to weekend and holiday work schedule
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.