IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are always looking for new talent to join Q2 Solutions. To be considered for a future Laboratory QC Manager position, submit your resume. If your qualifications, experience, and skill sets align with the position requirements, one of our recruiters will connect with you.
- Essential Functions
- Manage the Quality Control (QC) support to operations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development, rewarding and disciplining employees; recruiting; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resource matters.
- Manage the review and development of technical and QC SOPs to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Lead QC staff meetings and discuss findings and recommendations for resolving non-compliance.
- Work closely with operation individuals to improve quality systems.
- Communicate progress and strategic planning to IQVIA management in clear and concise appraisal with recommendations.
- May perform QC review of Reports, Sample Login binders, run binders, Extraction paperwork, Lab notebooks, and data tables. Actively participate in QC educational programs: in-house workshops, presentations on current QC issues, QC training and QC Seminars for all new employees, etc.
- Track and report deviation trends to management.
- Utilize root cause analysis to evaluate all systems for gaps, recommend action and professionally communicate to management the analysis to continually improve quality.
- Design, develop and implement new QC procedures.
- Demonstrate continuous self-motivated quality development.
- Proactively take steps to improve quality systems.
Typically requires a minimum of 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.
Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing , coaching and process execution.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Additional Work Experience
7 years' relevant experience in a quality / laboratory environment, including GLP and/or Quality Assurance experience Required
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Laboratory experience in a GLP environment.
- Knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Knowledge of GLP regulations and guidelines and advanced quality review techniques..
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Effective organization, communication, and team orientation skills.
- Ability to initiate assigned tasks and to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Ability to manage staff
- Strong training capabilities.
Frequently Sitting and Repetitive Motions
- Exposure to Extreme Cold
- Exposure to Fumes/Dust/Dirt/Smoke
- Working at Heights
- Working around Equipment in Motion
- Driving/Operating Mobile Equipment
- Use of Hand Tools (power or manual)
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Use of Office Equipment (computer, printer, telephone, etc.)
Travel as required.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.