Requisition ID: USW002184
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor, Senior Supervisor, Area Head or Laboratory Manager, consult with supervision concerning the planning of and perform testing on raw materials, culture media, production intermediates, manufactured bulks, finished products and/or other samples in compliance with written procedures. Testing may be performed in one or more of the following scientific disciplines: Microbiology, Biochemistry, and/or Virology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read, record, review and calculate test results and may be required to assist in the approval/validation of test data generated according to written procedures.
- Participate in performing investigational testing as needed and directed by supervision for product evaluation and assist supervision in conducting and authoring atypical investigations.
- Assist in the revision/implementation of control procedures (CPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) within the department and assist in training and orientation of other Laboratory Technicians.
- In compliance with operating practices, company policies, government regulations and current Good Manufacturing
- Practices (cGMPs), assures that the quality of our products and services are of highest priority and meet all associated
- safety and compliance requirements.
- Responsible for performing assay specific procedures associated in one or more scientific functional disciplines for
- products requiring testing from MMD, MRL, etc.
- Maintain complete records of all testing conducted and record test observations. Using approved statistical methods,
- reads, records, and reviews and calculates test results and may be required to assist in the approval/validation of test
- data generated according to written procedures and notifies supervision of potential atypical testing results.
- Participates in performing investigational testing as needed and directed by supervision for product evaluation and
- assist supervision in conducting and authoring atypical investigations.
- Assist in the revision/implementation of control procedures (CPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs) within
- the department and assists in training and orientation of other Laboratory Technicians.
- Assist supervision in the planning of daily work schedules and mantain laboratory documentation according to
- departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain necessary stock of equipment, glassware, supplies, etc. and notifies supervision when inventories are low.
- Perform computer analysis and enters test data into appropriate system. (i.e. LIMS, Excel).
- Participate in regulatory activities and may be responsible for assisting in or leading internal compliance initiatives (i.e.
- External and Divisional Audits, Shop Floor Activities).
- Assist area supervision in the orientation and training of other departmental technicians as part of process specific
- training and maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area while adhering to all departmental, safety and regulatory
- policies and procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in HAZOPS, waste walkthroughs, kaizen events, or any other operations, Lean Six-
- Sigma, Quality, Safety or Environmental training/initiatives as required.
- The incumbent must satisfactorily complete any prescribed skills assessment evaluation and/or specific qualification
Please note, this is an evening shift union position
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Science or related discipline, i.e. Chemistry, Medical Technology.
- The following minimum courses are required:
- Eight semesters of biological science course work to include, but not limited to, General Biology, Microbiology,
- Bacteriology, Immunology, Virology, Parasitology, Physiology, Mycology or Molecular Biology.
- A minimum of two laboratory courses.
- Four semesters of chemistry including General Chemistry with laboratory, Organic Chemistry and/or Biochemistry.
- Two semesters of college level mathematics
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of one year working knowledge in aseptic technique.
- Prior experience with aseptic techniques and small volume liquid handling.
- Lift and move various items weighing up to 45 pounds
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of one year prior work experience with analytical laboratory method
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: USW, LOCAL 2-86
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 2nd
Hazardous Materials: Yes - Lab chemicals
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia