Our Oncology team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieve this through an unwavering commitment to support accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe
We are currently recruiting for one Latin America Regional Marketing Director for Biomarkers reporting to the Executive Director, Regional Marketing, LATAM Oncology. This role is a critical part of our Oncology Regional Marketing Team, which is expanding as we continue to grow our business successfully
The Regional Biomarkers & diagnostics Director will be responsible to prepare the strategy at a regional level for the oncology commercialization plans. This role will be leading the definition of short- and long-term commercial diagnostic partner selection strategies, assessment of market opportunities and commercial capabilities of new potential diagnostic partners, as well as life-cycle strategies, will engage with diagnostic partners, pharma partners, and other external key stakeholders and will manage the Biomarker Patient Support Program from a commercial perspective (For current and future Oncology indications).
- Lead development and execution of regional commercial biomarker & diagnostic partnering strategies, here-under the short- & long-term business planning.
- Lead regional business activities including but not limited to partner & opportunity valuations, commercial due diligence's, partner selection, negotiations, new oncology strategic initiatives etc.
- Partner with Regional Market Leaders to ensure alignment of diagnostic strategies and efforts to the overall development & commercialization strategies for Brand name products, etc.
- Be the liaison between our diagnostics and product marketing teams.
- Collaborate with pharma partners on commercialization strategy and diagnostic partner selection to optimize diagnostic commercialization strategies, new diagnostic tests, etc.
- Primary point of contact for the global Biomarker team
- Supporting markets with their biomarker strategies
- Ensure regulatory alignment between our company and the partners for all the indications (filing and approval)
- Support regional and country level biomarker forecasting, including working with local marketers to align on key assumptions and data sources for tests paid by our company through any Patient Supportive Program
- Work with internal cross-functional partners including our Research & Development Division, Medical Affairs, Alliance Management, Procurement, Market Access, Finance, Market Research, Communications, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, etc. to deliver timely availability of diagnostic tests in the market.
- Fluent in English (Spanish or Portuguese will be considered a plus)
- Scientific solid background to leverage biomarkers and diagnostics with a marketing strategy
- Strategic mindset with proven experience in project management
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills: problem solving, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Working knowledge and experience with collaboration, influencing within a matrix environment and working successfully with cross-functional teams both regionally and globally
- Requires reasonable travel effort which can become substantial at times
Preferred experience & skills:
- Experience working in Oncology with significant knowledge and experience working in fields related to genomics, genetics and biomarkers
- At least 5 years of marketing, project management or strategic experience in countries or regional roles
- Project management experience: being capable of leading regional strategies with multiple stakeholders and a large budget
- Having a combination of 2-3 of these skills will be ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MSc, PhD, and/or MBA strongly preferred
- Scientific background preferable
Location: Any country in LATAM or US* (*if already the home country of the selected candidate)
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: