The job details are as follows:
What We Do
We build on the strength of our research and development expertise and a distinctive, entrepreneurial culture that encourages diversity, innovation, creativity, sustainability, and, simply, fun. Since inception, our mission has been to find a cure for pulmonary arterial hypertension and other life-threatening diseases. Toward this goal we have successfully gained FDA approval for five medicines, we are always conducting new clinical trials, and we are working to create an unlimited supply of manufactured organs for transplantation.
We are the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of “medicines for life”. We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, and other orphan diseases.
How you’ll contribute
Serve as a team member, technology advocate, and experienced professional in the Operations practice of IT, as well as an escalation point for Desktop Support staff at all levels for all services offered and supported by IT, and a key contributor to team efficiency via technology automation. Aid in development of new and maintenance of existing technology operations and end user compute services offered to United Therapeutics Corporation.
- Manage the assignment queue of site-based incidents and requests and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner, as well as allocated based on skill and work capacity
- Manage all site-based technology inventory and ensures proper stock for lifecycle management
- Accept escalations from Desktop Support staff levels I, II, and Senior due to access limitations, skill/experience limitations, uncertainty regarding next steps, complexity, and/or near or post SLA
- Develop, maintain, and manage systems, services, workflows, tools, and processes to drive productivity, efficiency, and address business problems, customer support experience, and general user experience
- Develop, maintain, and manage system configuration documentation and IT Knowledge Base
- Develop and execute regular audits and remediation of core systems and services to anticipate and prevent future incidents, drive efficiency, and efficacy
- Serve as a backup and/or backfill for other roles on an as needed basis
- Address support incidents and requests submitted via walk up
- Regularly use remote control to assist with supporting end users; deploys to floor as needed. Core function requires on site presence.
- Facilitate escalations while maintaining primary communication channel with original request or
- Track all work as a ticket in ServiceNow via a thorough documentation of findings, communication, and work completed, and using documented and approved procedures
- Use principles of Incident, Request, and Problem management to provide excellent technology support and service to United Therapeutics
- Act as primary Point of Contact during outages, critical incidents, and problems relating to subject matter areas of expertise
- Use robust decision making logic, insight, knowledge, and experience to address incidents and requests that may not have clear path to resolution, applicable process or procedure pre- or post-SLA breach
- Plan, orchestrate, and execute global software, system, or service deployments and/or upgrades
- Develop and maintain PowerShell, shell, batch, VB, and application scripts
- Assist in identifying, evaluating, justifying, and deploying, new products, technologies, systems, services, and workflows for mobiles, MacOS, and Windows end user devices and software
- Identify and communicate macroscopic trends and associated recommendations for preemptive and predictive actions and solutions
- Independently perform root cause analysis and actions under departmental change control procedures with minimal oversight or assistance
- Develop and maintain architectural and other technical documentation for back end technical processes and procedure to be executed by technology team members and/or systems and services
- Attend technical conferences on behalf of team, department, and/or organization
- All other duties as required
For this role you will need
- H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 10+ years of relevant experience or
- Associates Degree in computer science or related technical discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience (preferred) or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in computer science or related technical discipline with 6+ years of relevant experience (preferred)
- 8+ years of experience supporting MacOS, Windows 7, and Windows 10
- 8+ years of experience administrating Active Directory users and groups
- 4+ years of experience supporting Office 365 services [Exchange Online, Teams, Skype for Business Online, OneDrive for Business]
- 4+ years of experience using PowerShell
- Microsoft certifications
- Active Directory
- MacOS, Windows 7, 10, & 11
- EMS/MDM/MAM/SMS use, management, and policy development [Intune, AirWatch, SCCM, etc…]
- Print server management
- File server management
- ITSM [ServiceNow, Remedy, etc…]
- Office 365, Exchange, Teams, OneDrive for Business, Visio
- Group Policy
- Scripting [PowerShell, batch, shell, visual basic, etc…]
- Multi Factor [RSA, tokens, SMS, etc...]
- Security Tools [Cylance, VPNs, OpenDNS, etc…]
- Single Sign On [OKTA, OneLogon, Ping, AzureAD, etc…]
- Citrix XenApp
- Displays a deep understanding of the core nature of the organization and is able to understand and empathize with the end user experience
- Demonstrates sound judgment and applies depth of knowledge and experience in solving complex challenges where no precedent may exist.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
- ITIL Practitioner Release and Control
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities