Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
Our Maintenance Technicians support internal and external manufacturing operations to remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Maintenance Technicians have opportunities across many diverse areas, including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation. Under supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing maintenance support for the Animal Health facility in Elkhorn, Nebraska, located on the west end of Omaha. The Elkhorn facility, spanning 90 acres, is expanding operations to manufacture animal vaccines and biologics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with new equipment installation
- Conduct maintenance effectiveness / optimization reviews
- Evaluate and maintain equipment to ensure or improve safety and production efficiency
- Interpret mechanical drawings, construction drawings and machine manuals
- Adjust preventative maintenance plans and equipment information as appropriate based on trends, approved changes, and/or business requirements
- Conduct daily boiler rounds and facility checks
- Update and create equipment and utility SOPs as appropriate based on trends, changes, and/or business requirements
- Complete CAPA implementation and closeout
- Assist in writing, root cause analysis, and correctives and preventative actions for Quality Notifications and Quality Investigations related to Plant Engineering and Maintenance
- Utilize technical equipment to include computers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- City of Omaha 3rd Grade Stationary Engineer’s license
- Analytical and problems solving skills with regard to electrical, automation and / or mechanical equipment and their use within a manufacturing process
- Ability to multitask and effectively work as active team member
- Two years’ maintenance experience related to mechanics, automation, and/or HVAC and equipment set-up and alignment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Work and Excel
- Must be able to read and/or understand written and verbal policy, instruction and directions in English
- Successful completion of a Physical Abilities Test
- Valid drivers license
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus, overtime pay for work over 40 hours and higher differential pay for nights and weekends
- Attractive benefit packages including health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family
- 401K match and pension benefits
- Minimum 3 weeks’ vacation plus 10 holidays and 4 shutdown days per year (prorated first year)
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
3rd - Night
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: