Requisition ID: PRO019569
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Oncology Learning Partner supports and facilitates learning and development activities within the Oncology Customer Business Line, and influences the design and execution of the learning plan to achieve business results.
The role supports Oncology functional Learning Leaders and Learning Directors in the execution of the L&D strategy through consulting and delivery on appropriate learning solutions. S/he interacts with and influences business leaders, mid-level managers, and supervisors to understand business goals and performance needs, develops and executes learning plans aligned to the broader division, function, or line of business strategy, and routinely engages with key stakeholders to ensure learning solutions continue to support and positively drive desired outcomes. Success in this role depends on the candidate's ability to collaborate with leaders in the business, subject matter experts, Learning Directors, and other Learning Partners
and Learning Consultants, as well as work cross-functionally to act as a partner and point of contact for the business' performance needs and communicate them to support design and delivery of learning solution
- Effectively establish, deepen and sustain key relationships with Oncology business leaders and mid-level managers to understand their business needs and related performance gaps, provide oversight and analysis when defining requirements, and demonstrate an understanding of processes and methodology in order to provide appropriate learning solutions
- Lead collaborative efforts with stakeholders to define desired performance outcomes; provide feedback and coaching on issues related to learning programs and policies.
- Identify performance needs and gaps and facilitate delivery of learning solutions to the business, when appropriate.
- Monitor, analyze, interpret, and report internal trends; make recommendations for learning solutions for the division or function, as appropriate.
- Remain current on learning and development related tools, techniques, strategies and practices in order to provide relevant, informed consultative advice to clients; share leading learning practices with teams and stakeholders .
- Ensure successful learning outcomes by directing the identification and translation of the client's learning needs into a defined learning strategy and implemented solutions.
- Act as a liaison between the Learning Support Services function and stakeholders to ensure alignment with learning needs; Ensure learning solutions created meet the requirements of the client; Identify alternate non-training solutions when appropriate.
- Deliver training and/or support local SMEs providing training, as needed
- Understand feedback provided by Learning Support Services (LSS) on the overall success of the learning solutions;
Interpret and discuss feedback with stakeholders, and monitor impact and cost-effectiveness of learning solutions; Suggest improvements to further enhance learning program effectiveness and sustainability.
- Report timely feedback on learning effectiveness to the business and communicate suggestions for improvement
- Document needs for customization or localization of learning programs• Review interim/unplanned learning activities and requests; make appropriate recommendations .
- Coach Learning Consultants and provide them with opportunities to grow their leadership, professional, and technical
- Leadership: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of others; ability to lead by example and foster collaborative relationships
- Influencing: Advanced ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions within and outside the organization .
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrated skill in applying tools and techniques for grasping new concepts, acquiring new ways of seeing things, and revising ways of thinking and patterns of behavior .
- Interpersonal Relationships: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner, including the ability to build and maintain critical networks and collaborative relationships .
- Oral and Written Communications: Advanced ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner; outstanding verbal, written, and presentation abilities; ability to ask thoughtful questions to gain insights, listen, and understand other perspectives.
- Coaching: Ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness .
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Advanced ability to use a broad range of methods, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions.
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Advanced project planning and management experience, including the ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years), and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the business plan.
- L&D Policies, Standards, and Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to use industry and organization standards, procedures, and policies relevant to staff learning and development .
- Adult Learning: Theory and Practice: Advanced experience in applying concepts and practices of adult learning to meet the dynamic needs of the business.
- Learning Needs Analysis: Advanced experience in assessing competency gaps and identifying what people need to learn for successful individual and organizational performance.
- Training Delivery: Ability to effectively deliver or facilitate training in face-to-face and virtual instructor led sessions
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred: Master's Degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- Oncology pharmaceutical sales, training or other related technical/professional experience
- Experience and success in cross-functional leadership and teamwork
- Experience facilitating / delivering learning solutions
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Oncology brand launch training design and development experience
- Oncology brand launch training execution experience
- Project/vendor management experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Product Training ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck