About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world. Help us bring quality to life. Our filling and finishing facility (DFP) is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" manufacturing facility located in Clayton, NC and employs more than 850 people. The facility is part of a global network of manufacturing sites responsible for several key steps in the diabetes treatment manufacturing process, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging. Producing medicines is a special responsibility. Our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing that their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. Are you ready to make a difference?
Ensure that Life Safety Systems (LSS) function per design, meeting all business needs, in compliance with applicable regulations & codes.
- Responsible for operation & overall life cycle planning of Life Safety Systems (LSS), including fire detection, fire suppression & emergency alarm systems & sub-systems
- Responsible for operation of badge access system
- Manage & support contract security vendor at the site
- Plan & coordinate all testing, inspection & maintenance of LSS
- Manage improvements & upgrades to LSS & badge access system (including commissioning & decommissioning, when timely)
- Ensure compliance with all regulations & regulatory authorities applicable to LSS
- Manage & negotiate vendor support contracts for LSS
- Assist project manager as the SME regarding LSS in project planning
- Support project teams in design, installation & commissioning of LSS
- Support all functional areas in using LSS
- Plan, coordinate & execute emergency drills, capture learnings & ensure improvements to the process & LSS are implemented
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BA/BS in an engineering, physical sciences or life sciences program
- Proven knowledge of state, federal & local safety regulations
- Able to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets
- Minimum of three (3) years of safety & environmental health experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Life Safety Engineer or similar position
- PE license
- NICET Level I/II Fire Alarm Certification
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong presentation & organizational skills
- Proven process improvement & problem-solving skills
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Able to travel internationally, up to 10% of the time
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.