Manager, AI Engineering - the role
We're looking for seasoned AI engineers who are passionate about developing next generation machine learning technologies that will have profound impact on medicine and healthcare. Our ambitious machine learning for medicine and healthcare research agenda include but are not limited to deep phenotyping integrating massive and multimodal health data interpretable machine learning for disease prediction, subtyping and progression pharmacovigilance, drug repurposing, and drug discovery from observational data using structured prediction, generative models, etc. knowledge representation, distillation from multiple aspects of health data
As a machine learning scientist at IQVIA's ACOE, you get to work on the most cutting-edge and exciting projects. You will have access to petabytes of data, state of the art hardware such as massive distributed clusters and GPUs, and professional support from domain experts.
Your typical activities might include:
- Implementing deep learning, machine learning, and data mining algorithms on distributed platform to solve real-world healthcare problems (e.g., disease prediction, risk prediction etc.)
- Designing new algorithms to find predictive patterns that combine heterogeneous data assets, including electronic medical records, healthcare claims, clinical trial data, and unstructured text data.
- Automating machine learning algorithms within the production environment.
- Working with technology teams to support machine-learning algorithms in big data platforms. Supporting customized projects by designing and implementing algorithms and statistical models on related datasets.
- A master or Ph.D. degree in computer science or related areas with extensive research/project experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing, etc.
- An in-depth understanding of machine learning algorithms and modeling (supervised learning, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning including generative models, transfer learning, optimization, probabilistic graphical models, etc.)
- In depth experience with Spark/Hadoop and either PyTorch/Tensorflow
- Experience in Python with additional experience in Java, Scala and/or R.
- Experience creating production environment data analytics and applications.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.