Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Manager or Associate Director, Strategic Planning & Customer Insights will be responsible for the design and execution of secondary data analysis and primary market research for one of DSI's oncology franchises. The position will provide strategic guidance to home office executives and senior management using "state of the art" analytical techniques.
- Lead analysis and interpretation of secondary research data (national and subnational, plan level, physician level, and patient level audits/data, etc.) from syndicated providers to identify business opportunities and threats for DSI's branded product portfolio. Analyses include trend analysis, segmentation, promotional response modeling, marketing mix optimization, call planning, sales force sizing, etc.
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to Marketing and Sales leadership that will help accelerate product performance. Serve as a strategic partner to Marketing Brand Teams and to Field Sales Management on key decisions by providing data-supported recommendations in a compelling manner.
- Manage promotional response analysis and marketing mix optimization and provide necessary inputs for call plan generation.
- Manage the development and roll-out of a Field Sales Call Plan to ensure that strategic brand objectives are executed with relevant healthcare practitioners. Coordinate efforts of key internal stakeholders, vendors, Sales leaders and Marketing Brand teams. Serve as a subject matter expert on the process and the final product.
- Prepare regular presentations and reports describing potential market opportunities and threats for DSI's franchises in both pre- and post-launch phases. Establish recommendations for targeting efforts of FDA approved products in preparation for upcoming commercial launches. Communicate recommendations in a compelling and persuasive manner.
- Proactively generate new ideas for brand strategies, tactics, and formulate project plans to research feasibility of new ideas.
- Conduct analysis of field force's utilization of critical resources (samples, coupons & vouchers, speaker programs, etc.) to identify appropriate use of such resources. Develop recommendations and present to marketing brand leadership and senior sales management.
- Design and execute primary marketing research studies and secondary analyses to generate insights informing strategic efforts, price/access strategy, LCM, forecasting, branding, and marketing mix. Prepare presentations, deliver research findings, and make strategic recommendations that maximize the long-term value of the brand and ensure that it achieves annual sales goals. Ensure projects are executed in a timely manner and delivered with the appropriate level of detail.
- Manage business analytic relationships with co-development / co-promote partners.
- Serve as a member of key decision-making bodies/committees (Steering Committee, Commercialization Committee, etc.). Collaborate with heads of committees to develop the requisite secondary analyses to address the team's business questions.
- Develop strong relationships with senior brand partners (including Executive Brand Directors and other cross-functional leaders) and serve as their analytics "point person" on all issues. Attend appropriate meetings and help organize work/project assignments for other team members.
- Work collaboratively with Co-promote partners to address secondary research needs. Drive consistency in analytical approach used across organizations.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; A background in a quantitative discipline is strongly preferred (mathematics, statistics, engineering, business management, etc.). Oncology experience and/or Masters degree or M.B.A. preferred.
- 5 -10 total years of experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. 3 - 5 years of this experience in an analytics or operations based function (Market Planning, Sales Reporting, Data Governance, IC, etc.). Must have prior experience working with syndicated data (Symphony, IMS, etc.) and relational databases. Must have prior experience working in market research. Must have prior experience in oncology.
- Demonstrated excellence in data analysis, strategic idea generation, project management, and cross-functional communication and collaboration. Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be proficient with MS Excel (advanced), MS Access (advanced) and SAS, including extensive experience with ad-hoc analytics. Must be able to manage multiple projects, effectively using multi-disciplinary resources to meet project demands and timelines.
Ability to travel up to 15%
Compensation and seniority level/title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Duties and responsibilities may vary based on the position level/title.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.