About the Department
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Manager, BioPharm Portfolio Market Access Execution is accountable for achieving Novo Nordisk business objectives (Sales, Market Share) within applicable strategic and regional accounts. The positon develops and executes key pull-through campaigns that will drive brand sales and volume in targeted geographies aligned to market access priorities. The incumbent will lead execution of tactical development, implementation and measurement. will manage budget and promotional review processes for assigned tactics. In addition, the manager partners with Market Access Strategy & Innovation, Operations, Account teams, Brand marketers, field sales, sales operations and Commercial Effectiveness (CE).
The Manager interacts with cross-functional stakeholders in Market Access, BioPharm Portfolio Marketing, Field Sales, CE, Trade and other cross functional teams. The position reports to the Vice President (VP), BioPharm Portfolio Marketing. The incumbent works closely with advertising agencies and professional services vendors to develop promotional and value added programs that enable Novo Nordisk to achieve its business objectives. In addition, the Manager works closely with the Value Communications and Contract Strategy team to ensure that tactics align with, support, and/or drive the market access execution process, and with the other members of the execution team to ensure consistency across accounts and brands as appropriate.
- Collaborates with BioPharm Portfolio Marketing and Account Executive teams and field sales to develop customer specific tactics that improve and/or maintain formulary access and product sales within assigned accounts
- Develops and maintains relationships with Sales and Market Access field-based colleagues
- Provides market access insights and acts as an integral part of the brand planning process, through membership on one or more extended brand teams, thereby taking accountability for the quality of the market access execution portion of brand marketing plans
- Works closely with Market Access Execution team to ensure consistency of strategies and tactics across accounts
- Accountable for achievement of business objectives (Sales, Market Share) in strategic and regional accounts. Identifies any underperformance quickly and works to identify causes and develop action plans
- Accountable for identifying most cost-effective vendor support for tactics and programs. Closely monitors work to ensure that budgets remain on track. Diligently tracks that budgets align to overall Execution budget and that bills are tracked in a timely fashion to meet essential key performance indicators
- Develops and implements corporate and brand strategies in conjunction with the Novo Nordisk Brand Teams and Market Access that result in increased market share of Novo Nordisk products within strategic and regional accounts
- Develops plans and executes key campaigns/tactics that will drive long-term profitable relationships with key accounts and managed markets overall
- Identifies the key factors and trends impacting performance, and recommends action plans for goal attainment and process improvement
- Maximizes revenue and profitability and understands return on investment concepts to ensure optimization of marketing spend
- Develops account specific plans, in close collaboration with extended brand teams, which drive utilization of Novo Nordisk products consistent with brand messages and positioning
- Directly and consistently interact with Market Access Directors and Account Executives to understand their customers’ business objectives and needs. Use marketing acumen to develop and implement collaborative programs that meet both the customers and Novo Nordisk’s business objectives
- Leads development of campaigns to improve product pull through and product awareness. Directs activities of external suppliers and agencies to ensure completion of projects on time and within budget. Leads and coordinates program implementation efforts among Accounts
20-30% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years within sales, marketing, or managed markets related functions is required
- Experience with market access and/or brand marketing is preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience required
- Prior project management experience required
- Proven track record of strong performance
- Ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple programs
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills required
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities
- Develops accurate short and long term plans and business analysis. Ensures timely execution and follow-up
- Meets deadlines. Anticipates problems and roadblocks to avoid crisis management
- Effectively prioritizes and utilizes his/her time and the time of others on what is important
- Relationships and understanding of Market Access and/or specialty pharmaceutical markets (i.e. Hemophilia, Growth Hormone) brand marketing preferred
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59277BR
Job Category: Marketing