IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA currently have excellent opportunities at both Associate Manager - Clinical Data Management (CDM) and Manager - CDM.
Can be office based (Dublin or Edinburgh) or home based across the EU.
Manage and support team of Data Management professionals to efficiently produce databases that meet customer requirements.
- Manage a team of professional Data Management staff. Size of team could vary from 5+ upwards -15, depending on the Data Management Function.
- Define and prioritize resource requirements and manage resource assignments across projects.
- Directly responsible for utilization of staff.
- Assess and document competency of staff to satisfy position responsibilities. Regularly set goals and evaluates and documents performance.
- Propose salaries, promotion and termination actions.
- Actively contribute to recruitment of new staff.
- Implementation of department/office objectives.
- Provide expert review and guidance for production of Data Management deliverables including CRF/e-CRF, database design and set-up, validation definition and programming, Data Management Plan and database deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Provide technical advice and solutions with internal and external customers to solve problems and improve efficiency.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new processes and technology.
- Ensure that staff is trained and compliant with current operating procedures and work instructions and project scope of work.
- Identify and address professional development/training needs of staff.
- Mentor staff members to develop Data Management process, system, and drug development expertise.
- Provide operational input into proposals and scope of work. Participate in proposal defences.
- Attend customer meetings and lead discussions of project requirements and strategic planning.
- Understand scope of work, budget, and scope assumptions.
- Identify out-of-scope work and provide revised costs with supporting documentation.
- Ensure project milestones are met according to agreed upon timelines. Actively manage quality throughout project.
- May be Project Manager/Project Lead for a major study or a series/group of studies.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Data Management processes and systems
- Solid understanding of clinical drug development process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, or educational equivalence, in clinical, biological or mathematical sciences or related field, or nursing qualification with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience including people management; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1112346