As Intercept continues to build its position as the leader in progressive non-viral liver disease, we are seeking a Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics. As a member of our Commercial Analytics team, this individual will work closely work closely with first- and second-line field leadership as well as HQ stakeholders across a broad range of functions including Market Access, Marketing, Sales Training, and Commercial IT. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role within Intercept's Commercial organization.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily, with or without an accommodation:
• Develop and refine ongoing sub-national performance and reporting platform to continually focus the field teams on the key levers that will positively impact brand performance
• Partner with regional sales directors to deliver region-specific analytics and insights
• Leverage data and analytics to support the business planning process for field teams to enable insights that will inform strategy and tactics
• Conduct ad-hoc analytics to shed light on a wide range of business questions around customer segmentation, patient journey and patient buying process analytics
• Manage national brand performance reporting and diagnostics for functional leadership (Sales, Market Access, Marketing), including the design and implementation of reporting frameworks
• Evaluating emerging data sources and analytical methodologies to continually elevate our Commercial Analytics function
• Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
• Drive the spirit of "ONE Team" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients as our top priority
• Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree preferred but not required
• 4+ years of relevant experience within the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry (client or consulting side)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including PowerPoint and Excel
• Advanced knowledge in data visualization and analytics software (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx)
• Ability to work onsite in our Morristown, NJ headquarters office 2-3 days per week
• Flexibility for light travel as needed (5%)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Highly motivated, self-starter, with strong orientation for business results
• Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data to determine trends and inform strategy
• Excellent presentation skills are required
• Outstanding customer relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross-functionally
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
• Learning agility and 'scalability' to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
• Consistent demonstration and embodiment of our company core values: Come Together, Be Yourself, Own The Solution, Embrace The Challenge, and Keep Exploring
• Ability to have fun and thrive in a growing, diverse, and inclusive work environment
People at Intercept are passionate about patients. You'll see our patient photos lining our walls and hear their stories in town halls. We're equally passionate about our team and ensuring each member from all dimensions of diversity feels included and has the opportunity to reach their potential. We recognize the power of a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) work force, and how it enriches the professional lives of our team members. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion drives innovation and connects us to the patients and communities we serve.
As we grow, we want to make every effort to provide a safe and open environment for professionals of every background and provide knowledge on how to work inclusively and equitably to make Intercept a great place to work.
At Intercept, we foster an environment that celebrates creativity, collaboration, and mutual respect. We never hesitate to lean on our teammates and work together. Our relatively small size means you partner with accessible leaders who know you by name. This brings accountability and growth, which all add up to more opportunities to learn something new every day. For self-motivated leaders who are ready to make a difference in the lives of patients, Intercept is a great place to be.
At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept's lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist marketed under the brand name "Ocaliva®" in the U.S., EU and Canada for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. In 2016, Ocaliva® was the first medication to be approved for PBC in over twenty years, and sales continue to grow.
Intercept has also established the leading clinical development program in advanced fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease that impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone and for which there are currently no available treatments. The 18-month interim analysis of the REGENERATE study of OCA remains the only readout from a Phase 3 trial to have shown positive results in the disease.
Employment decisions at the Company are made without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including gender, pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected genetic information, marital or partnership status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.