Career Opportunities Title Manager, Data Quality & Integrity Description
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture. There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company. Astellas is announcing a Manager, Data Quality & Integrity opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
Operational Improvement & Reporting Excellence is a leader in aligning functions across M&D organizations in areas that impact quality management; process management; non-drug initiative management, including IT components, to support business strategy; business information reporting and analytics; resource management; and learning and development.
As Manager, DQI, this role will be responsible for facilitating collaborative partnerships with functional stakeholders to coordinate, monitor and report project/study plans within the Planisware system environment to enable alignment and support team deliverables and consistency of planning principles within the Medical & Development portfolio.
The Manager, DQI possesses knowledge of drug development and knowledge of scheduling and resourcing forecasting software (e.g. MS Project, Planisware). The Manager, DQI typically works within a cross-functional team environment and translates project/study strategy into a working project plan to enable effective project execution and reporting. The Manager, DQI is expected to apply technical and team knowledge along with scheduling knowledge to ensure consistency of project plans to support decision-making and stable operational performance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Acts as a Data Steward within M&D. Manages and executes data stewardship processes, issue resolution & escalation activities within a function-specific focus area; Monitors data quality issues with impact beyond M&D & raises for review by Sr Managers.
- Ensures data is accurately translated into systems and represented consistently across systems leveraging input from system SMEs and Functional Governance Leads, Data Governance Analysts and other functional representatives as necessary
- Reviews, tracks and resolves identified data quality exceptions within the source systems within the defined time frame to ensure consistent review and resolution. Maintains, monitors and reviews data dictionary entries. Escalates data quality exceptions, data dictionary entries or process improvement suggestions to the Core Team, as necessary
- Works with system owners to ensure all fields used in reporting are captured
- Reviews and maintains Master Data Management initiatives as they are defined
- Directly participates in and contributes to cross-functional teams to discuss, review and optimize implementation of timelines and cost forecasts for project/study plans into the scheduling and resourcing software (e.g. Planisware and/or IMPACT), including creating, monitoring and closing project and study plans.
- Translates key timeline and cost data to ensure they are accurately reflected in scheduling and resourcing software (e.g. Planisware and/or IMPACT) with the correct dependencies identified.
- Independently identifies data quality issues within project/study plans in the scheduling and resourcing software and when appropriate raises for resolution with the cross-functional project/study team.
- Communicates information updates to project/study teams and ensures that analysis and interpretation of planning and forecasting data is done regularly. Position is requires self-direction and work is reviewed for overall quality and relative to deadlines and results
- Responsible to coordinate, monitor and ensure data integrity for project/study plans.
- The role is part of a group that would support evaluation and analytics of a portfolio including approximately 200 projects, 600 clinical studies, fiscal year expenses of > $1 billion oku Yen and approximately 1800 headcount in a given 5-year window. This effort will ultimately help the organization to achieve increased data quality, reduce data redundancy, and streamlined system engagement by the user community and data scientists across the organization.
- The position reports to the Head of Data Quality & Integrity.
- The position will have no internal direct reports and may oversee work performed by outsourced resources.
- The position will work closely with internal systems management and technical support groups to facilitate implementation of data model improvements and implementation of changes in the system responding to any gaps or improvements needed in process or systems/tools.
- The position will work closely with Operational Improvement & Reporting Excellence groups to support reporting requirements and respond to any gaps or improvements needed in the data model or systems/tools.
- Works cross-functionally with other Astellas groups to ensure integrity of data across Functions.
- Education: BA/BS in related science or business field
- Minimum 5 years in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry.
- Experience in use of enterprise-wide pharmaceutical project management software solutions, including MS Project and/or Planisware.
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as CTMS, SAP, etc.
- Proven oral and written communication and presentation skills in English, with an ability to interact at all levels of personnel.
- Experience working with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of business processes and procedures in clinical drug development, including portfolio, planning, clinical trial management, cost, staffing, resource management and/or time tracking areas.
- May require up to 10% international travel.
- PMP certification
- Location for this position is Northbrook, IL
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Type Full-time Location IL, Northbrook Category Planning and Administration
© 2014 ADP RPO, LLC
If you have process questions, email RTI_Astellas@adp.com.