Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
The candidate will have a proven ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment to negotiate and execute site / investigator budget and contracts (Clinical Trial Agreements) for Translational and Clinical Development (TCD). They will partner closely with the Director of Development Benchmarking & Pricing and the Development Contracts lead to implement new or improved standards, processes and tools to enable to timely execution of Clinical Trial Agreements for TCD.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Supporting the development and maintenance of standards, processes and tools utilized by Development Contracts.
- Overseeing the performance and serving as an escalation and resolution point for clinical vendors negotiating site budgets and contracts on Vir's behalf.
- Reviewing, negotiating or approving clinical site budgets or agreements in accordance with Vir's standards and processes including fallback positions as applicable.
- Maintaining and managing deadlines on deliverables for multiple projects and programs.
- Consistently communicating status of deliverables with internal and external business partners.
- Effectively engaging and partnering with relevant internal and external stakeholders such as Clinical Operations, Legal, Regulatory, Finance and/or vendors, as applicable, to enable informed, risk-considered decisions.
- Proactively identifying, defining and implementing new or improved Departmental processes or standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a B.A./B.S. degree or 3+ years of relevant experience with an advanced degree.
- Skilled end-user of MS Office, specifically Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to be nimble and to work in ambiguity, as necessary, but also willing and able to follow organizational standards and processes where established.
- Willingness and ability to define, advocate and implement new ideas and solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department / Organization.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills, both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.