Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals seeks qualified candidates for a full-time position in our Finance department located in Bedminster, NJ.
the execution of the strategic financial functions of the Company. The Manager, Financial Planning will play a key role in the Company’s internal financial reporting as Aerie continues to mature as a public company. The manager will work with people at all levels of the organization (senior management, functional leadership and staff) to report, monitor and manage key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze reporting at all levels of the organization on actuals, forecasts and prior fiscal year
- Manages, in partnership with the company’s corporate and business cost center owners, the corporate and operating expense budgeting, forecasting and spending targets
- Development and analysis of weekly operating statistics
- Conduct thorough research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy
- Responsible for developing financial modeling, financial statement analysis, decision modeling, reporting and ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Support, analyze, and assist in the preparation and review of the company’s annual operating budget including:
- Detailed support and analysis of the company’s departmental budgets
- Development of presentations to help summarize budget results in a comprehensive and easy-to-understand format
- Assists in the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools
- Analyzes actual operating results and identifies key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantifies actual results versus forecast
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance preferred
- A minimum of 5-10 years of progressive FP&A experience
- Experience with multiple P&L’s as well as operations planning
- Experience with business intelligence and planning tool software experience
- Experience with planning/reporting tools like SAP, Hyperion, Business Objects, Essbase, & Cognos Controller
- Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology experience a plus
Knowledge & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, accounting and financial principles
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, v-lookups and multi-IF formulas
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, business process, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams with a commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles and challenges in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned with this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Standard physical demands; sitting at desk, working at computer.
Standard office environment
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or other protected category.