Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Manager, GPM&L is expected to contribute to the drug development process by providing project & portfolio level support to the Global Project Management & Leadership (GPM&L) department within Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development. This position will be integral to ensuring the smooth operation of the R&D global project management function and working with project managers in organizing and reporting project and portfolio level activities.
Responsibilities include project management duties (managing scope, time, cost and quality) and ensuring that key project milestones are defined and met and that appropriate communications occur with stakeholders across multiple projects. The candidate should understand the drug development process and be skilled in the use of Project Management tools such as Planisware, MS Project, team sites etc. Experience working on cross functional teams is desired as well as an understanding of facilitating high functioning teams.
This position will be partnered with a more experienced Project Manager / Portfolio Manager on assigned deliverables in any therapeutic area and/or projects at any stage of development.
This position will become a subject matter expert in use of the Project Management tools used at DSPD and support training of Project Managers on these tools. May also be responsible for collecting, collating and analyzing metrics across all projects.
As a member of the GMP&L function this position may also support divisional and departmental level objectives and may be assigned to a non-project initiative in support of these objectives. The Manager, GPM&L must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable interacting with many different functional groups and leaders.
Support specific task or sub-team of a Global Project Team to plan milestones in support of development compounds. Proactively anticipate issues, challenges assumptions, and identifies contingencies or opportunities to circumvent potential delays. Follow-up on assignments and report progress to the team.
Assist in the coordination of key GPT deliverables including but not limited to: senior management presentations, Project updates and timelines, meeting agendas and minutes as assigned.
Develop a good understanding of the integrated project budget and resource requirements for assigned development programs and updating the project management software.
Assist with managing the project schedule and updating the project management software.
Perform other tasks necessary to keep a project running smoothly, such as maintaining the project team site, budget and resource review, and ensuring compliance.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering. Advanced degree in science or business preferred.
- 5+ years direct experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior work experience as a project administrator, project coordinator/junior project manager or similar role in pharmaceutical drug development required. Project Management qualification, certification or diploma is highly desired.
- Project Planning and Management: ability to break down projects into manageable tasks and set timelines and goals
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry/ drug development preferred
- Scientific background
- High level of technical proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of project management software such as Planisware, MS Project
- Adept at learning new computer applications
- Superior organization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Able to understand the business and cultural differences between US and Japan
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment and working with multiple team members to 'get the work done'
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Takes pride in delivering high quality work and is accountable for the outcomes
- Seeks ways to continuously improve to their work
- Negotiation skills
- Punctuality, professionalism and strong time management
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.