Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals' Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Manager, IT Data Operations. In this hands-on role, this person will be responsible for supporting BI platforms, production support of technical assets, and managing data operations activities.
In partnership with various departments and business units, this role will be responsible for development and support of data & analytical solutions that will provide insights to the business. This individual must be capable of identifying automation opportunities, detailed documentation of data and workflows, coordination with offshore team to provide 24x7 support for our US and EU business partners. This includes developing automated processes for receiving and transferring data to and from various systems or interfaces, transforming and combining data to create meaningful data schemas that can be used for ad-hoc analyses, creating metrics using combination of business rules , testing validity of results, and delivering reporting & dashboard solutions. This individual must be capable of interfacing with all levels of the organization to achieve success.
- Partner with Commercial (Operations, Marketing & Sales), R&D (Drug Safety & Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical Affairs), and other business functions to develop and support data solutions while ensuring alignment to Jazz's business strategy and overall IT data strategies.
- Hands-on involvement in designing and development of automated processes to extract data received from various internal and external sources, combine and transform them into meaningful data elements to create different types of data schemas for different business needs (transactional, star schema, snowflake schema, normalized, denormalized, staging, datamart, data warehouse, etc.).
- Provides daily operations support for issues and enhancements requests, managing support queues and taking ownership to deliver solutions as needed.
- Willingness to learn and adapt new technologies and ability to juggle multiple development and upgrade assignments/projects.
- Experience with system administration of BI Platforms such as Alteryx, Tableau, Qlikview, and Vertica is highly desired.
- Analyze business questions; propose appropriate business solutions; and apply the proposed methods to automate creation of metrics, charts, reports or dashboard solutions that will answer the business question.
- Manage development projects of small to medium scope and size, to develop prototypes as well as production-ready reporting solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 5 years of experience in the business intelligence or commercial pharmaceutical industry; work in/for pharmaceutical, biotech, bioinformatics, or healthcare related laboratory, research and diagnostic industries, a plus.
- Must have at least 3 years of hands on experience with data discovery, analysis and creation of metrics, charts, reports and dashboards; using these techniques on healthcare data sets is a plus (healthcare operations clinical, distribution, drug compliance, persistence, safety, etc.).
- Must have strong business and data analysis skills and be able to understand complex healthcare business processes to develop agile and insightful data rich solutions
- Must have hands on experience with using SQL/PL-SQL language to design and create various types of data schemas for various needs (discovery, ad-hoc analyses, operational reporting, data warehouse/data marts).
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server, or other databases required
- Must have hands on experience working with software tools and independently create automated processes to extract, transform and load data (ETL) into appropriate data schemas.
- Experience with Pipeline Pilot, Alteryx or other enterprise ETL platforms is a plus. Job will require learning and using such tools on a day to day basis.
- Must have hands on experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview) and ability to independently create prototype views using data extracts.
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written) and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelors degree
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.