Manager, IT Commercial and Business Intelligence
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Manager of IT Commercial & Business Intelligence to support in the development and ongoing management of data analytics and business intelligence assets and capabilities.
This person will be primarily responsible for engaging with functional partners on project-based initiatives to develop and deliver data and analytics solutions supporting business objectives within the Commercial organization. The individual must be able to synthesize solution requirements from business use cases and scenarios, and translate the requirements into clear architectural designs and models that demonstrate best-practice design principles and the ability to scale. Knowledge of and familiarity utilizing SDLC methodology is critical for project execution in alignment with Jazz expectations. At times, this individual may also need to perform or support technical build and delivery of the intended solutions using appropriate technology platforms, such as Alteryx, Pipeline Pilot, or Tableau.
In addition to having high performing technical capabilities, this individual must have prior healthcare or life sciences experience, and have experience working with organizational leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Partner with Commercial functions (e.g., Market Access, Sales, Marketing, etc.) and their functional IT liaisons to develop data and analytics solutions while ensuring alignment to Jazz business and IT data strategies.
- Identify business requirements from stakeholders to inform architectural data and visualization designs
- Develop in-house data and analytic solutions using appropriate technology platforms (Alteryx, Pipeline Pilot, Tableau, etc.)
- Design data models and database schemas to support self-service BI and ad-hoc analysis, and provide guidance and training to functional partners on appropriate utilization
- Create test plans and guide UAT with both function-based and IT resources
- Provide ongoing solution support, enhancement, or maintenance on an as-needed basis
- Manage project and delivery expectations across both leadership and non-leadership stakeholder groups
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts across internal IT functions and resources
- Manage development projects, small to medium scope and size, to develop prototypes and production-ready reporting solutions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 3 years of experience in consulting, life sciences, healthcare, and/or biotech industries focusing on business intelligence, analytics solution development, or IT systems integration
- Must have strong business and data analysis skills and be able to understand complex business processes to develop agile and insightful solutions
- Exposure to or experience with data discovery or analysis, metric definition or creation, and data manipulation or modeling is beneficial
- Ability to conceptualize and design appropriate data models and/or data table structures that can support self-service and ad-hoc analysis business needs
- Ability to leverage data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) to independently create prototypes or production-ready dashboards using various data sources (data extracts, database connections, etc.)
- Exposure to or experience using SQL/PL-SQL language to design and create various types of data schemas for various needs (discovery, ad-hoc analyses, operational reporting, data warehouse/data marts).
- Exposure to or experience using Alteryx, Pipeline Pilot, or Informatica ETL tools is a plus
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written) and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree required
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.