Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
The Manager, LCMS is responsible for operational management, scientific leadership, coordination of resources, and scheduling for the LCMS group. This position leads the operational and scientific functions of the group as applied to the field of quantitative biomarker and biotherapeutic assays.
- Manage the LCMS Biologics group by efficient project oversight and frequent communication with staff members and clients.
- Provide scientific leadership for the LCMS Biologics group and provide managerial support to scientific staff
- Act as scientific resource within the group to include training, assisting in troubleshooting, and participation in scientific initiatives.
- Act as a scientific resource for scientific functions outside the group.
- Assign personnel and equipment resources in coordination with other scientific management.
- Maintain tracking of accrued project time versus quoted allowance.
- Provide updates to Project Management and scientific management with emphasis on timelines.
- Manage established priorities of the LCMS Biologics group.
- Manage, review and approve data for prevalidation committee meetings, as applicable.
- Contribute to and review technical reports.
- Evaluate performance of assigned staff and provide feedback on areas of potential improvement in quality and efficiency
- Communicate with clients and present and represent the scope and capabilities of LCMS Biologics group to clients and auditors
- Represent company scientific strength at local and national conferences and meetings as applicable.
- Participate in the evaluation and adaptation of new technologies.
- Support Human Resources policy and timely adherence to performance management guidelines for all assigned staff.
- Uphold all safety standards, discipline guidelines and regulatory compliance requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of all routine laboratory procedures
- Ability to interact with clients and work to objectives/timelines
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Advanced understanding of nano-flow chromatography and modern quadrupole or time-of-flight mass spectrometry instrumentation, development/validation of methodology, biological sample preparation, interpretation of data, understanding of chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry/biochemistry applicable to biologics method development.
- Sound mentoring and supervisory skills.
- Ability to analyze method development data and provide guidance and feedback to staff members.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically to solve method development challenges.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry/Bioanalytical Chemistry or a related field with 12 years' progressively responsible related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in GLP laboratory environment.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1076480