About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Analyzes and summarizes available data and creates / authors responses to unsolicited inquiries from healthcare professionals, institutions, and/or payors requesting medical information about Novo Nordisk products, Communicates with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) in response to unsolicited inquiries, and Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent, accurate communication of medical and drug information.
Reports to a Director level employee in Medical Information and works with stakeholders throughout the CMR and Commercial organizations in NNI. Key relationships include Medical & Scientific Affairs, Field Medical Affairs, Product Safety, Customer Care, Sales, and Marketing.
- Provides verbal, written, and on-demand video responses to unsolicited medical and technical inquiries about Novo Nordisk products from HCPs, institutions, and/or payors
- Creates and/or revises standard and custom medical information responses for use in responding to existing and anticipated medical and technical inquiries from HCPs
- Assists field medical colleagues who receive unsolicited inquiries and request medical information support
- Revises and/or adds to content in comprehensive evidence-based medical information (e.g., clinical overviews, formulary dossiers, online evidence repository)
- Performs quality assurance review of after-hours calls handled by vendor and serves as backup for complex after hours inquiries from healthcare professionals
- Ensures compliance with FDA requirements as they affect Medical Communications; responses must be accurate, up-to-date, balanced, and scientific.
- Provides review for Promotional Review Board pieces containing relevant medical content
- Provides related medical support, which may include but is not limited to: Creating/revising Customer Care Center scripts, internal product training, staffing medical booths at meetings/conventions, global alignment of medical information standards and best practices
0-10% overnight travel required.
- BS within scientific or medical discipline with a minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience or PharmD / PhD / MD with a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience (e.g. academic, clinical or industry experience); post-doctoral fellowship may be substituted for professional experience, as appropriate
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated editorial skills
- Literature search and assessment skills
- Prior experience in endocrinology or hemostasis therapy areas preferred
- Strong presentation skills (knowledge of PowerPoint required)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59639BR
Job Category: Regulatory