The Manager, Oncology Commercial Training & Development is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and measurement of Sales Representative Training (New Hire and on-going). This individual liaises with key stakeholders within each functional area (marketing, medical, ops, etc.) and ensures that the creation and pull-through of training directives are met.
- Responsible for developing and executing Sales Training content for assigned Therapeutic Areas. This includes new hire and advanced selling skills training for Sales Specialists and Key Account Managers.
- Vendor-supplier management.
- Meeting Planning and execution of meeting plans for POA's & Annual National Sales Meetings
- Oversight of continual needs/gap analysis of current training programs as well as new training initiatives
- Assists team with developing sales training materials in parallel with the Legal, Medical, Regulatory process.
- Responsible for LMS and responsible for overseeing that the proper scheduling, documentation, logistics, and coordination of training events are being conducted by team and key stakeholders (i.e. LMS, training records, file management, documentation retention, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree is preferred
- Minimum 4 years overall pharmaceutical industry experience required; ie: 2-3 years pharmaceutical sales, 1-2 years cross-functional experience (e.g., sales training, curriculum development, or product management), buy and bill experience or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in the Oncology, Neurology or Rare Disease Therapeutic area is preferred
- Advanced facilitation and platform skills required
- Proven understanding of Adult Learning Principles preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Instructor led classroom facilitation and use of a variety of learning mediums required (eg; WebEx, eLearning etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong meeting management skills
- Ability to lead teams and individuals
- Ability to travel up to 25% throughout the United States including overnight travel