The Mgr, Patient Services and Hub Operations will manage the day-to-day operations of the Kyowa Kirin internal patient services hub. This department includes reimbursement case managers, customer service specialists, pharmacy liaisons and external vendor partners. The Mgr, Patient Services and Hub Operations will be responsible for ensuring the hub operation provides the highest level of customer service in helping patients start and stay on their appropriately prescribed Kyowa Kirin medicines. This individual will assist in developing hub strategy, hiring and oversight of internal staff, and manage all reimbursement and customer service. This role will be hands-on managing the vendor(s) who administers the patient service hub and will also be charged with the daily management of Kyowa Kirin's specialty pharmacy network.
- Support the Patient Access Services strategy and coordination of related activities within and outside Kyowa Kirin
- Support all inline and future launch products. This includes supervising HUB/call centers, and related reimbursement support programs/services
- Manage day-to-day patient access services including patient hub services, specialty pharmacies and other vendors.
- Regular site visits to Hub vendor(s)
- Daily status calls and follow ups with external hub vendors
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and business rules related to all US patient support.
- Maintain program SOPs, exceptions processes, workflows, scripting, training and reports.
- Manage external partner performance against contractual arrangements, SOPs, KPIs, and budget
- Monitor and analyze data collection from the copay, hub vendors and specialty pharmacies
- Enhance the patient and HCP experience via benchmarking, customer feedback, auditing and active call monitoring
- Assist in the hiring and training of internal case managers
- Responsible for managing performance of individual Hub staff
- Works closely with sales and marketing to facilitate seamless communication of patient access messaging to the field force and key pharmacies, as needed
- Continuously evaluate platforms, implement improvements as needed
- Contribute to market resources and collateral for patient access programs through a comprehensive branded offering.
- Develop appropriate programs, tools, and communication materials to effectively address patient needs
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of patient support programs or activities
- BS degree required
- Advanced degree or professional credential is preferred (i.e. Registered Nurse, Allied Healthcare Professional, Social Worker, etc.)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in patient access services in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or professional experience in Healthcare or associated Life Sciences industry with a focus on patient HUB services in a pharmaceutical manufacturer or a patient service hub vendor.
- Excellent strategic and tactical execution skills along with the ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate (written and oral) scientific information for a lay audience, including presentations and contributing to educational materials and online content
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other members of the department and interact with various internal and external stakeholders (i.e. across functions and geographies)
- Possess a strong understanding of biologic/specialty pharma market and patient access challenges
- Knowledge of account management or sales in Oncology/Rare Disease market is a plus.
- Previous experience managing patient and provider support hubs and services to appropriately drive product access for patients.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience or capability with promotional messaging development for a diversity of stakeholders in patient access arena.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on a launch/program plan
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record working with cross-functional work teams
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency.
- Position requires approximately 25% travel to vendor locations, conferences, market research, field ride-alongs, etc.