Oversees, supervises and manages the operational aspects of a team leading ongoing projects and programs ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget. Will ensure that all project work is completed in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations.
• Manage and lead a team of Project Managers and Project Support Specialists.
• Set clear team goals and initiatives and meet weekly with team members to ensure progress and to identify issues and potential solutions proactively.
• Escalate team issues and needs. Champion the resolution of problems and create a knowledge sharing opportunity for the entire department.
• Oversight for financial reporting on the team's projects including tracking deliverables and invoicing.
• Monitor and manage efforts of cross-functional project teams and report on metrics.
• Mentors assigned Project Managers and Project Support Specialists and supports their professional development.
• Meet with team members on a regular basis (according to project needs) regarding project tasks to ensure project milestones are met.
• Lead problem solving and resolution efforts.
• Provide input to development of tools and processes to support efficient and consistent execution of projects and reporting to clients.
• Maintain project management information and tracking systems, including internal databases and project plans.
• On request, provide input to business staff and senior management in the writing and reviewing of budgets, contracts, proposals, change orders, questionnaires, and audits as needed.
• Produce and distribute reports and presentation materials.
• Screen, interview and make recommendations on hiring process - Review and provide feedback on staffing plans.
• Implement continuous improvement activities for projects assigned to their team.
• Work with the Quality Team and Director to review Work Instructions and SOPs relevant to operations.
• Prepare and present project information at internal and external meetings.
• Ensure that work is conducted in compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures and meets project timeline metrics.
• Trains new Project Managers and Project Support Specialists on process and procedure.
• Serves as a primary point of contact and subject matter expert for enterprise level sponsors and provides guidance to other Managers and PMs on issues relating to those sponsors.
• Sets performance expectations with direct reports.
• Assists Director of Operations with department resourcing.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
• Bachelor's Degree Req
• 7 years of related experience Req Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Good team leadership skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.