About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position is responsible for managing the entire deal evaluation/development process from contract inception through final approval. This includes the strategic assessment, deal structure, analysis, forecasting and reporting of contract profitability of customer segments (e.g., Managed Care, Non-Federal Hospitals, Long-Term Care, Medicare Part D, Medicaid (FFS & MM), Exchanges and Federal), including Diabetes, Biopharmaceutical and hormone therapy products.
The position reports to the Assoc. Director, Strategic Pricing and Contracting. The individual will partner and work closely with a number of internal and external functions within Novo Nordisk Inc., (NNI) including; Brand Teams; VP, PCOR; Director, Pricing and Market Access Insights; Director, Strategic Pricing and Contracting; Government Pricing Team; Market Access (VP, Directors and Account Executives); Pricing Committee and to a lesser degree Forecasting; Health Economics; FP&A; Legal; Commercial Insights and Analytics.
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization
- Demonstrates knowledge of internal business operations and applies this knowledge to analyses, processes and deliverables
- Manages the development and implementation deal evaluation process to quantify the profitability of new/existing contracts for in-line products
- Structures all offers with respect to the development of financial analytics and profitability metrics
- Oversees preparation of all Pricing Committee business cases and financial analyses
- Owns the deal evaluation process to support implementation of Market Access Strategy and Innovation
- Participates in all pre-Pricing Committee meetings and leads the review of financial impact scenarios
- Ensures all Terms & Conditions align with anticipated deal structure
- Partners and works closely with the Director, Strategic Pricing and Contracting, Strategy Directors and Account Directors/Executives to finalize all proposals for key stakeholders
- Partners and works with Pricing and Market Access Insights to compile, communicate and forecast all contracting events impacting the company forecast (rebate and volume)
- Provides regular updates for Brand Teams and Senior Management on deal and contract activity
- Responsible for staying current on pricing, regulatory guidelines, market trends, and competitive activity, and provides information to internal customers, including Brand Teams, Market Access Strategy and Innovation, and Senior Management
- Understands competitive dynamics to identify key opportunities and threats and incorporates into strategies and plans
- Works closely with Strategy Directors to ensure all offers align with all aspects of approved strategies
- Autonomously authors complex contract documents based on approved products and pricing, market baskets, and product positioning requirements. Independently works with customers and internal functional areas to reach agreement on business and legal aspects of a contract. Provides such documents to the account executive and/or customer within the required time frame
- Obtains all appropriate and required internal reviews and approvals for contract terms and provisions. Ensures accuracy of pricing, market baskets, and terms within appropriate documents and timely submission of contracts to customers following offer approvals
- Consistently follows company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all guidelines, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, regulations, and policies
- Advises leadership and stakeholder functional areas of contractual rights, obligations and risk analysis, as necessary
- Oversees contractual requirements for new product launches and manages the implementation and execution of all documents; provides regular status reports to internal stakeholders across functional groups
- Maintains contractual information, including negotiation status and agreed upon terms and conditions, in Contract Lifecycle Management Tool (CLM). Responsible for training account executives on the use of CLM
- Updates contract templates as market baskets and standard terms change
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for optimal performance, processes, and compliance improvement across entire contract management continuum
- Leads with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrates effectiveness at working effectively with stakeholders
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Business preferred. Advanced degree preferred preferably an MBA. Legal experience a plus
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience, with a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of pricing, contracting, forecasting, and/or portfolio analysis required; pharmaceutical experience preferred. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience when appropriate
- A strong level of analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and other key platforms
- Ability to deliver message and presentations in a clear, confident manner
- Ability to interact and manage multiple internal relationships at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrates an ability to manage and influence to ensure business objectives are met
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.