About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) short and long-term planning, Finance and Operations works closely with teams across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position is responsible for managing the entire deal evaluation/development process from contract inception through final approval. This includes the strategic assessment, deal structure, analysis, forecasting and reporting of contract profitability of customer segments (e.g., Managed Care, Non-Federal Hospitals, Long-Term Care, Medicare Part D, Medicaid (FFS & MM), Exchanges and Federal), including Diabetes, Biopharmaceutical and hormone therapy products.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Strategic Pricing. The individual will partner and work closely with a number of internal and external functions within NNI including; Brand Teams; Vice President (VP), PCOR; Director, Pricing and Market Access Insights; Associate Director, Strategic Pricing; Contract Management & Compliance Team; Government Pricing Team; Market Access (VP, Area Directors and Account Executives); Pricing Committee and to a lesser degree Forecasting; Health Economics; Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A); Legal; Commercial Insights and Analytics.
- Assists in the development of tactics for remediation of under-performing contracts
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationship and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization
- Contributes to continuous improvement of methodologies by measuring forecast versus actual results and benchmarking against industry best-practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of internal business operations and applies this knowledge to analyses, processes and deliverables
- Manages the development and implementation of a contract performance evaluation process to quantify the profitability of new/existing contracts for in-line products
- Markets Strategy. Structures all offers with respect to the development of financial analytics and profitability metrics
- Oversees business and analytical expertise in the development of tools and methods that will result in more accurate customer profitability assessment and decision-making
- Oversees contract profitability forecasts. Disseminates to Patient Centered Outcome Research (PCOR), MM Sales, Brand Teams & MM Strategy providing interpretation, analysis and recommendations as required
- Oversees preparation of all Pricing Committee business cases and financial analyses
- Owns the deal evaluation process to support implementation of Managed
- Participates in all pre-Pricing Committee meetings and leads the review of financial impact scenarios
- Partners and collaborates with the Contract & Compliance Team to ensure all Terms & Conditions align with anticipated deal structure
- Partners and works closely with the Director, Strategic Pricing, Channel Directors and Account Directors/Executives to finalize all proposals for key stakeholders.
- Partners and works with Senior Manager, Pricing Insights to compile, communicate and forecast all contracting events impacting the company forecast (rebate and volume).
- Provides regular updates for Brand Teams and Senior Management on contract performance issues, including over- and under-performing contracts
- Responsible for staying current on pricing, regulatory guidelines, market trends, and competitive activity, and provides information to internal customers, including Brand Teams, MM Strategy and Senior Management
- Trains and mentors new team members in the areas of systems, processes, analytic models and presentations
- Understands competitive dynamics to identify key opportunities and threats, and incorporates into strategies and plans
- Works closely with Channel Strategy Directors to ensure all offers align with all aspects of approved channel strategies
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required; degree in Business preferred. Advanced degree preferred preferably a MBA
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience, with a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of pricing, contracting, forecasting, and/or portfolio analysis required; pharmaceutical experience preferred. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience when appropriate
- A strong level of analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other key platforms
- Ability to deliver message and presentations in a clear, confident manner
- Ability to interact and manage multiple internal relationships at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrates an ability to manage and influence to ensure business objectives are met
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59236BR
Job Category: Finance