Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Manager, MI&E will have responsibility for developing and reviewing high quality medical information documents (e.g., Medical Response Documents, Dossiers, Compendia Submissions, Clinical Guideline Submissions etc…) as well as conducting Medical Review and Clearance of promotional and training materials/programs. The manager will have a primary focus in one of these areas and a secondary focus in the other. The Manager also leverages his/her functional and technical expertise to assist in improving organizational effectiveness of the MI&E. The Manager will serve as an integral member of the Medical Affairs Team, providing input on medical planning and strategies and will help drive a consistent, unified medical voice for Medical Affairs. The Manager will also provide Customer Insights, as well as important scientific, competitor and healthcare landscape intelligence.
- Conduct comprehensive MRC of promotional materials/programs as a member of the Product Material Review Team. Proactively provide medical guidance and medical/scientific direction on strategies for product positioning, messaging and promotional materials/programs for Oncology.
- Develop high quality, scientifically sound MI for Oncology products to fulfill unsolicited requests for information and to support Medical strategies and objectives. Provide guidance to the Medical Information Center staff for appropriate handling of escalated inquiries.
- Serve as integral member of Medical Affairs (MA) and the Medical Product Team
- Lead or participate in projects/initiatives within MI&E or across functions, as assigned
- Assure knowledge and information transfer between MI&E and other functions across Medical Affairs and drive the consistency in medical information and a unified Medical Affairs voice. Assist in providing Medical expertise/support as needed.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- PharmD from an accredited college or university is required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a relevant pharmaceutical or clinical role, including Oncology strongly preferred. Experience in Medical Affairs, in the medical review and medical information roles is strongly preferred. Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of pharmacotherapy in the oncology therapeutic area strongly preferred
- Familiarity with clinical research
- Expertise in interpretation of scientific data
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to work well within a cross-functional team and influence without authority; solid negotiation skills
- Firm grasp of pharmaceutical industry, the external healthcare landscape and relevant areas that impact it, as well as laws and regulations pertinent to the pharma industry
- Results driven; strong analytical skills, strategic thinking
- Skilled at collaborating to bring projects to completion and lead in informal roles
- Highly proficient in recognizing needs, prioritizing work and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated excellence in a medical information role and/or medical review role, utilizing prudent judgment
Ability to travel up to 10%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.