About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Manager- Value Evidence & Outcomes (VEO) supports projects which increase the relevance and use of outcomes research/Real World Evidence (RWE) materials by field personnel. Additionally, the incumbent will support ongoing and future research collaborations with external partners. The Manager will be self-driven, capable of working independently as well as collaboratively within a matrix organization to drive results. S/he will have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong internal networks. Finally, s/he will have a customer-focused mindset, showing professionalism in interactions with internal team members as well as external research partners and vendors.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Value Evidence and Outcomes. This is a United States (US) focused role. The Manager, Value Evidence and Outcomes will be part of multiple internal teams, serving as a champion for Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) & VEO and working very closely with key internal stakeholders, including, but not limited to, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Access, Regional Teams, Public Affairs, and Legal.
- The Manager will lead aspects of the development and execution of a standardized, curriculum-based HEOR/RWE training plan for relevant field teams and evaluate the impact of these trainings. This individual will work closely with the sub-teams within the larger HEOR team to understand project timelines and deliverables and will communicate with stakeholders in Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Commercial involved in field training and resources timing for when results will be publicly available. S/he will be creative in how training is administered to best meet each team’s needs, utilizing a variety of technological platforms to effectively communicate information about tools and resources, as well as VEO strategy and RWE/HEOR trends
- The incumbent will work to obtain field insights in the development process of new tools and resources, to ensure the final output is relevant to the channel for which it is intended
- The Manager will bring channel-based insights back to the internal teams focused on the development of evidence generation plans
- This position will be responsible for all aspects of effective project management for the projects which he/she leads, including Request for Proposal (RFP) development, selection of vendors/partners, contract execution, budget planning, project oversight, and receipt of high-impact deliverables
- The Manager will develop and support internal communications regarding team achievements, strategy, and goals including the development and maintenance of slide decks and team website
- The incumbent will provide support, as needed, to existing and potential research partnerships including participation in current/potential research partner meetings, assistance in internal processes related to seeking strategic and budgetary approval of projects, design and execution of research projects, and publication of results in alignment with NNI and research partner standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes
- The Manager will stay current and be future-looking regarding advances in RWE/HEOR and external research partnerships and serve as a trusted partner to internal stakeholders on these topics
10-20% overnight travel required.
- A Doctorate level degree in appropriate healthcare-related field (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, business/health services research, biostatistics, medicine, biomedical sciences) with at least 1 year of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, payor or healthcare environment OR a Master’s degree with at least 2 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing, reimbursement, medical affairs, and/or portfolio analysis and at least 1 year in the pharmaceutical industry, payor or healthcare environment
- Adequate knowledge and experience in conducting health economics, health services research studies, real world research and the evaluation of health care interventions
- Knowledge of channels within health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, integrated health systems, Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBMs), employers as healthcare purchasers, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills; a team player
- Strong process and project management skills
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59637BR
Job Category: Clinical Development