About the Department
At Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI) our scientists apply cutting-edge technologies to early Research & Development (R&D) projects with the goal of bringing real change to People with Diabetes and Obesity. Your skills, dedication and ambition will help change lives for the better and you will work with extraordinary talent, continuously learn and develop, and drive changes to defeat serious chronic conditions. We recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which stimulates a strong culture of ingenuity and innovation and our support of a healthy work-life balance adds to a best-in-class employee experience. As a new focus area, we aim to build up a dynamic computational team, which will leverage structure-based design, computational biology and machine learning expertise to the drug discovery process. Our aim is to strengthen target identification and drug design processes at NNRCSI and through global collaboration across our R&D sites. This team will implement state-of-the-art structural modelling and machine learning technologies to improve functional and biophysical properties of proteins, peptides and new molecular format for future therapies. They will build up bioinformatics expertise spanning areas from sequence analysis, computer vision and different omics and pathway analysis. This team will work in a flexible, cross-functional setting in close collaboration with experimentalists to drive pre-clinical projects with very ambitious scientific goals. They will have external collaborations with academic and biotech partners within computational drug discovery in North America. We are changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Multiple Positions Available. The Manufacturing Associate works as part of the manufacturing team and will perform a variety of procedures in a manufacturing environment in compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations. This position contributes to the successful delivery of released product in support of clinical trials and commercial production.
The Manufacturing Associate will work at the Stem Cell manufacture facility located in Fremont, California. The Manufacturing Associate will report to a member of the Stem Cell Manufacture Leadership Team. Internal stakeholders include employees in R&D in Novo Nordisk A/S, employees of University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), and employees at the Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI) and Novo Nordisk Quality.
- Weigh out chemicals, prepare medium and buffer solutions. Perform large scale filtration following detailed instructions
- Execute unit operations in Cell Culture, assist in seed train propagation and downstream processing of bioreactors
- Assist in all areas in support of cell culture and related duties as required including (stocking, tracking inventory, material movement, filling out log sheets, and other special projects)
- Provide support for commissioning and validation activities in addition to other facility start-up activities, as needed
- Perform all tasks in compliance with the safety policies, quality systems, and GMP requirements
- Review batch production records for completeness, accuracy, and to ensure cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices are followed
- May collaborate with cross-functional teams i.e., Quality, Facilities, Process Development, and Analysis
- Perform additional job-related duties as required
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six (6) years relevant manufacturing experience or a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a science or engineering discipline with three (3) or more years of experience
- Experience writing investigation, deviations, change control documentation, standard operating procedures and other cGMP documentation is a plus
- Ability to identify, challenge, and implement potential improvements to work procedures preferred
- Highly motivated and comfortable working in a results-oriented dynamic research and development environment
- Ability to work independently and in teams consisting of members with different degrees of knowledge or ability
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.