About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our legacy Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility in Clayton, NC is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. At IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
This position can be filled up to Engineer III level commensurate with successful candidates' education and/or experience.
Improve system & equipment reliability for the core processes to meet all customer, business & regulatory requirements through the following activities: People Focus, Process Focus, Equipment Focus & Standards “Gatekeeper”.
- Support technical development of Maintenance Technicians
- Improve the performance of one production line or system, using process improvement systems in place
- Lead projects that affect one production line using process improvement systems in place, including project management
- Support event response activities
- Maintain standards for procedures & maintenance plans
- Support DFP global collaboration initiatives
- BS in Engineering/related field or Equivalent (experience + education)
- 2-5+ years engineering experience in Maintenance, Design, Process Improvement; cLEAN® 1-Star preferred
- Knowledgeable in the following systems: Instrument & Electrical, Mechanical, Control/SCADA/PLCs, Process Improvement Methodologies, Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Proven expertise in planning/organization/execution of maintenance activities, following up on results, & revising the work plan for complex problems being resolved by cross functional teams
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production & maintenance activities
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.