Requisition ID: BUS003097
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
The PI Senior Specialist will be responsible for implementing OSIsoft PI solutions for manufacturing sites to enable business strategies and analytics. This position will also be responsible for ensuring the operational integrity of the solution, including systems life cycle methodology documents, Standard Operating Procedures, change management, and data integrity.
This position will work closely with project implementation teams that include PI CoE (Center of Excellence) Lead, PI System Administrators, Automation Engineers, and Architecture and Infrastructure teams for overall solution implementation. In this role, the candidate will also maintain close working relationships with Application Management Services for effectively transitioning solutions for maintenance and operations. The candidate must also be able to function independently, with minimum supervision, and have excellent communication skills while being accountable for quality of work product and on-time delivery.
Day to day job functions include:
- Establishing PI Data Archive, related interfaces, connectors, and other integrations required for overall PI solutions
- Developing solutions utilizing PI Asset Framework (PI AF) and Event Frames for enabling analytics from PI data historian
- Developing reports, displays, and data sheets using native PI tools and other tools for regulatory and compliance needs as well as management decision support and visibility
- Developing related systems life cycle documents
- Maintaining appropriate information and documentation for PI CoE
- Providing knowledge transfer of developed solutions to the PI Support Team and be the primary point of contact in the PI CoE for the support team
- Applying standard systems life cycle and other IT processes/methods, practices and techniques to deliver PI solutions
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA/BS in software engineering, computer science or related field
Required Experience and Skills:
- At minimum 5 years of related work experience with demonstrated ability to deliver IT solutions
- Good understanding of data historian and related tools and capabilities
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a global matrix organization spanning multiple geographic regions
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to engage with software vendors and third party solutions integrators
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology (SDLC)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of the life sciences industry
- Experience with implementing solutions in GxP regulated environment
- Knowledge of, and experience with interfacing to manufacturing automation systems
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Other Locations: West Point, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Austin