The objective of this summer intern will be to set up and begin operation in the cell culture laboratory. We have a goal of having small scale operations available to help us drive our yield improvement projects. We also have a big project to upgrade our cell culture laboratory systems. This individual will support the startup of the facility (if not already complete) and will operate the reactors daily to support the development of lab scale models.
Main Job Tasks
- Start-up of new cell culture space (if not complete)
- Operation of small-scale reactors to support the development of lab models of Suite 1 operation
- The intern will observe: Lab scale reactor operation and how that model’s production scale
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Experience
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or another related major.
- Chromatography & Cell Culture experience preferre
- Chemistry Lab Course required
Skills & abilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.