Requisition ID: MAN006077
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Integrated Process Team (IPT) Manufacturing Advisor is responsible for managing the operational elements of daily activities for the production of organic chemical intermediates and bulk pharmaceutical finished products. This position ensures production activities are completed in compliance with safety, environmental, and GMP requirements. The Manufacturing Advisor provides leadership, advising and coaching, and development of hourly union employees functioning as shift work teams. The Manufacturing Advisor supervises one or more product campaigns simultaneously and provides direction to ancillary manufacturing operations.
The position will report to the IPT Production Lead (Associate Director, Operations).
- Advisor for hourly union shift 0077ork teams; provide regular feedback and intervention as necessary on interpersonal behaviors to ensure the team functions as a high-performing group with shared accountability for results.
- Front-line leadership for a number of manufacturing processes that involve the synthesis, isolation, and packaging of a variety of organic compounds and bulk pharmaceutical intermediate products.
- Under the direction of the Production Lead and technical support resources, is responsible for coordinating his/her shift to achieve production results that meet customer requirements and organizational objectives.
- Executes production activities under the guidance of appropriate SOPs and batch sheets, as well as direction from IPT and technical experts.
- Maintains compliance by ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate facility housekeeping.
- Responsible for the training plan and training completion for individuals on his/her team.
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems to minimize impact on production, quality, safety, and the environment.
- Lead investigations for production, quality, safety, and environmental incidents.
- Coordinate the completion of mechanical services and projects within the manufacturing facilities. Responsible for lockout/tagout and other permitting activities to support mechanical work on equipment.
- Make decisions regarding staffing of his/her team. Plan overtime requirements and staff tasks in alignment with department principles on compliance, training, and profit plan management.
- Participate in projects for improving cost, compliance, efficiency, energy conservation, and waste minimization.
- Administer union collective bargaining agreement and site and Company policies.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree OR HS diploma with at least 5 years related work experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of the hazards of chemicals and materials used in the chemical processing environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Detail oriented, flexible, and able to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Good understanding of GMP/EHS compliance requirements.
**Must be able to work 12 hour Rotating shift schedule.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Facilitation and problem solving skills (Lean/Six Sigma training or certification).
- People management experience.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 3
Shift (if applicable): Other (see Work Schedule)
Hazardous Materials: Yes - As an Advisor supporting manufacturing at Cherokee, the individual may be required to work with hazardous chemicals while wearing personal protective equipment. The Cherokee plant is a manufactu
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Bloomsburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Allentown