IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The successful applicant will research, write and edit content, under the supervision of a Senior Editor, for a number of IQVIA's market-leading publications:
- A weekly online news service covering developments in the pharmaceutical business globally.
- A monthly magazine, carrying news, editorial insights and analysis of key events.
- The Country Guide series of market reports, covering 31 major countries.
Our publications focus in particular on issues surrounding pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement (P&R), the mechanisms by which governments and healthcare providers decide how, and how much, to pay for medicines. Policy developments in this area are becoming more and more important as governments across the world examine ways to constrain healthcare spending in the face of rising costs and ageing populations. The role therefore offers an exciting opportunity to learn about, and become expert in, an area that is fast rising to the top of the political agenda.
The role is suitable for a new graduate, but we also welcome applications from those with higher degrees. No prior knowledge of the pharmaceutical market is required. Full training will be provided.
The position focuses on some of the major international pharmaceutical markets in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia. Foreign language skills, particularly in major global languages (eg Spanish, French, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese) are therefore a distinct advantage. Fluency in English is essential.
This role will be based in our Cambridge or London office, but there may be opportunities for occasional travel within the UK and in Europe.
Start Date: 6th Jan 2020
What to Bring:
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- A minimum upper second class degree (or equivalent) in any discipline; applications from Masters' degree and PhD holders are also welcome.
- Fluency in English with strong writing and editing skills and a keen eye for detail is essential; other languages an advantage.
- Strong primary and secondary research skills to gather difficult to capture information.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to develop a network of key contacts, both externally and with internal personnel.
- Strong analytical skills to piece together disparate and sometimes conflicting data.
- Flexibility to handle several projects simultaneously and balance priorities appropriately.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to take projects from initial stage to final delivery.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Technical proficiency in Word and Excel.
- A keen interest in developing a detailed understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical markets.
**In order to be considered for this role, please include a cover letter (max 500 words) with your application to showcase your writing skills.
- FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies list for the third year in a row.
- Recognised by the 2016 Scrip Awards as the Best Full-service Provider Contract Research Organization (CRO).
- Awarded the 2016 Eagle Award from the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) for the fourth consecutive year. A site-nominated award recognising contract research organizations (CRO) and biopharmaceutical sponsors dedicated to building positive relationships with research sites through leadership, professionalism and integrity.
- QuintilesIMS named in The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) 2017 Global Outsourcing 100&rerg; List which recognizes the world's best service providers across a range of industries.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1095137