Requisition ID: ADM010696
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, and vaccines, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Market Research Associate Director will be a main point of contact for their assigned areas for the KEYTRUDA marketing / commercial team within the oncology franchise. The position will plan, prioritize, manage, and execute a scope of work in oncology market research that spans multiple indications and both pre- and post-launch. Responsible for providing strategic input to the extended global team via primary market research projects and secondary data analysis by proactively defining business questions and opportunities, identifying strategic insights, and recommending actionable business solutions.
The role requires a high degree of business acumen and strong understanding of both primary and secondary market research tools that support and influence brand and / or customer strategy. Experience in oncology or other specialty areas, US, global, product launch, multiple customer segments is highly preferred.
This individual is expected to be an exceptional team player who can comfortably interact with and add value to the existing market research team working on KEYTRUDA as well as strategically partner with extended oncology team members including pricing and access, sales, promotion, and marketing. The Associate Director will demonstrate consistently strong leadership skills with an ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment with a transformational mindset, cultural awareness, and resiliency to change that enables them to effectively produce results for individual areas of responsibility.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
Develop and oversee execution of an assigned portion of the global market research plan and timeline for all aspects of KEYTRUDA with a strategic mindset and minimal supervision.
- Leadership and/or involvement in primary market research projects for KEYTRUDA including framing critical business questions, identification of information needs, identifying considerations from other data sources, development of research/analysis plans and management of the research process to deliver an objective understanding of key customers, competitors, products and current/future market developments.
- Implement market research studies and manage budget of projects; brief agencies to deliver what is required (e.g. objectives, timeline, compliance requirements, actionable insights and recommendations); understand vendor capabilities, quality requirements, and recommend innovative options.
- Complete complex analyses using available secondary data, syndicated reports and databases and integrate findings into primary market research efforts to tell and evolve the "story".
- Articulate the rationale, hypotheses, and methodology of research approaches to both the manager and the franchise / client team proactively and ensure the business objectives are met and communicated in an effective way.
- Proactively communicate and facilitate discussion with marketing / commercial teams to ensure that insights are considered in decision-making and planning; integrate a variety of sources/studies to present strategic options to the extended team; provide consultative guidance to marketing / commercial team(s).
- Collaborate proactively with cross-functional business partners including marketing communications, market access, commercial team, and the advertising agency to ensure optimal integration for the launch and post-launch activities.
- Assist with analysis to inform the strategic assumptions that are built into brand forecasts and tracking of key performance indicators and benchmarking dashboards.
- Independently manage competing priorities and demands from within a product team/franchise in a fast-moving environment.
- Take full ownership of understanding the business challenge/information needs, consider alternatives, propose appropriate method/approach, apply best practices, and proactively consider and/or develop new techniques and innovations to meet objectives.
- Work on and lead ad hoc franchise-wide initiatives as needed.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in pharmaceutical marketing/market research
- Experience in market research, analytics, sales, forecasting, access and pricing, marketing or competitive intelligence
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to think strategically and objectively
- Ability and comfort in prioritizing and managing multiple requests from both marketing points and extended team members
- Ability to communicate effectively and a strong desire to lead change
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Launch preparation experience
- Familiarity with marketing strategy development
- Strong leadership skills around customer focus, decision making, courage & candor, and collaboration / team work
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to motivate without authority
- Ability to work transformationally in fast paced environment
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark