About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Perform cold storage & general warehousing activities for NNPII with an emphasis on material handling for the core production areas. Ensure quality of product through quantity verification & temperature monitoring.
- Timely & accurate issuance, return & transfer of semi-finished & finished product, components, & label control material & production-related materials
- Material requisitions & staging area replenishment
- Wrapping of palletized product in preparation for shipment
- Inventory Control of newly received components/materials to include placing in locations
- Physical inventory to include cycle counts
- Look-up & reorder of inventory & plant supplies
- Daily inspections of the forklifts, warehouse, cold rooms, & freezer
- Maintain up to date training status
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
- Systems knowledge in Prism
- Utilization of direct issue, Good Receipt, inventory adjustment & transfer receipts
- Utilization of SAP & PAS-X for material flow to production
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, writes legibly, & understands all department documentation
- Minimum 1 year related experience, preferably in a GMP warehouse or pharmaceutical industry
- Basic math skills including knowledge of metric system
- Computer competencies required basic Microsoft knowledge: Outlook, Power point & Word
- Experience with a computerized inventory system such as SAP a plus
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Training or experience to demonstrated an understanding of the risks inherent to the processing, handling & storage of hazardous materials
- Ability to operate stand-up & sit-down forklifts
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to execute a work plan & adapt to changes in the schedule
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs with assistance
- Ability to work in cold temperatures
- Corrected vision to 20/30
- Ability to work in high places
- Ability to work rotating 24 hour on-call week-end shifts as needed
- Ability to accurately judge depth from at least sixteen feet
- Willing to learn Lean manufacturing concepts through completion of cLEAN® Basic
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.