Medical Director, Haematology-Oncology, Eu/ROW
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the VP & Head of Medical Affairs, the EU/RoW Medical Director is responsible for the development and execution of the Medical Affairs strategy across all markets in EU and RoW.
As a key partner in the regional brand team, the role will lead EU/RoW regional Medical Affairs and is the clinical lead. The role requires strong leadership, high levels of cross functional collaboration and the ability to influence across a matrix organization.
1. Leadership of Regional Medical Affairs
- Deliver a high level of knowledge of Haematology/Oncology and transplant medicine and related clinical and scientific literature.
- Ensure development and execution of the regional medical affairs strategy and support adaptation and execution in-country through close collaboration and alignment with the country medical affairs teams
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining internal organizational links with Global/US Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory and Global Molecule groups to ensure consistency and coherence of approach and appropriate support for EU/RoW regional projects
2. Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Ensure development and implementation of the regional medical affairs strategy aligned to commercial growth drivers, including responsibility for regional budget allocation and monitoring
- Develop strategies and programs to ensure internal and external readiness for new product flow
- Review and critically appraise clinical and scientific literature to identify key drivers that differentiate Jazz's Haematology/Oncology medicines and provide support and advice to marketing groups in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans.
- Contribute to the development of and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to the marketing team as appropriate
- Provide guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops in order to expand and enhance scientific exchange
- Working closely with Regional Marketing teams to ensure the KOL and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and coordinated to meet corporate objectives
- Support creation of training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other internal stakeholders
- Support clinical education as well as in-house training for MSLs and hospital specialists and other appropriate staff as required
3. Data Generation and Publication Planning
- Oversee the development and execution of study plans to provide post marketing data to support the portfolio of Jazz Haematology/Oncology products in phase IV, observational and pharmacoeconomic studies.
- Cross portfolio liaison with KOLs, investigators and scientists in-region who wish to conduct investigator sponsored or Jazz sponsored studies
- Oversight of the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and Jazz SOPs.
- Maintain a publication plan covering regional data generation. Support communication of product data by development of post-launch publications on a National level based on peer reviewed publications, round-table, symposium and meeting outcomes
- Facilitate and support publication of customer initiated data or reviews in line with Jazz strategy
- Represent and ensure EU/RoW regional input to global publication planning teams
4. External Relationships
- Work with regional and global/US marketing colleagues and selected KOLs in strategic advisory activities
- Support development of Jazz EU/RoW positioning as the scientific authority on and support KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information via the MSL team
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay educated of developments and to support global and regional KOL activities
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
Medical Doctor/pharmaceutical physician with Haematology/Oncology experience/PhD or Science degree
Ideally a Final Signatory
- Proven track record in the pharmaceutical industry
- Must have medical affairs experience including launching new products, market shaping and readiness activities
- Experience of working in a regional medical affairs role is highly desirable
- Good understanding of healthcare systems in Europe and the needs of payors
- Must have experience in running Phase IV studies and lifecycle management
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.