IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Medical Director will provide medical, clinical and scientific
advisory expertise to all IQVIA divisions as requested. Participate in all aspects of Medical Science
involvement on assigned trials. Serve as a medical expert during project delivery lifecycle. Provide
therapeutic medical and strategic expertise to business development activities.
The role includes predominantly Medical Monitoring responsibilities and Medical Strategic inputs as rrequested.
• Serves as Global and/Regional Medical Advisor on assigned projects.
• Serves as Scientific Advisor and provides guidance to Project Leaders on the medical and scientific aspects
of assigned projects.
• Provides medical support to investigative sites and project staff for protocol-related issues including
protocol clarifications, inclusion/exclusion determinations, and issues of patient safety and/or eligibility.
• Performs medical review of the protocol, Investigative Drug Brochure (IDB), and/or Case Report Forms (CRFs).
• Provides therapeutic area/indication training for the project clinical team.
• Attends and presents at Investigator Meetings.
• Performs review and clarification of trial-related Adverse Events (AEs).
• May perform medical case review of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs), including review of case documentation
and patient narrative, in collaboration with the Pharmacovigilance department.
• May provide medical support for the Analysis of Similar Events (AOSE), in collaboration with or on behalf
of Pharmacovigilance department.
• May perform medical review of adverse event coding.
• Performs review of the Clinical Study Report (CSR) and patient narratives.
• Attends Kick-Off meetings, weekly team meetings, and client meetings, as needed or requested.
• Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to respond to urgent protocol-related issues at the investigative
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1095388