Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Process samples as required by each protocol. Assist laboratory technologists with sorting, processing, storage and retrieval of medical specimens.
- Receive, verify, log and track specimens upon arrival.
- Process specimens as specified in specimen processing records and/or study-specific instructions.
- Inventory and prepare specimens for shipment as specified by the protocol or directed.
- Assist with maintaining specimen logs, submission records, specimen storage logs, and calculations as required by the study specific and/or standard operating procedures.
- Label storage tubes and other required items for proper identification.
- Assist in daily maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform special project activities as assigned.
- Assist with supply inventory functions, general clean up of laboratory workstations including biohazard trash removal, and help to organize laboratory work areas.
- Prepare specimen aliquots as per protocol definition and hematological blood smear production.
- Follow all stated laboratory safety guidelines in all assigned duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of practices and principles of basic laboratory operations
- Knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens
- Good understanding of standard laboratory precautions and infection control procedures
- Knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management
- Skill in using applicable computer systems and applications including LIMS and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform duties in an independent manner.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or educational equivalent; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Bachelor's in science degree preferred
- Occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Regular use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Regular use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1099401