Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
- Achieve assigned activity goals and targets for the territory as agreed with the reporting manager, with an initial high level of supervision and coaching provided by the company, customer and manager.
- Conduct sales interviews, carry out pre-call planning and preparation and develop a self analytical approach in order to identify learning areas from each call.
- Promote and sell customer's therapeutic products to general practitioners, other identified healthcare providers, and/ or other healthcare professionals in the retail market.
- Within a specific geographical territory, identify target customers while maintaining and analyzing customer records.
- Maintain records in the reporting systems within the required timescales.
- Effectively utilize the relevant software (e.g. Electronic Territory Management System, CRM systems) to maintain records updated and to report daily calls.
- Organize and hold group events to optimize business while complying with relevant country legislation.
- Keep Line Manager informed about changes in competitor activities and other market changes.
- Maintain an up-to-date sales / technical knowledge of specialty and disease areas and relevant publications as per customer profile.
- Keep all Company equipment safe and in a good state of repair.
- Share experiences, ideas and techniques in order to assist with the sales training of colleagues.
- Discuss, agree and document assigned activity, Key Performance Indicator tools, and targets as agreed with Line Manager.
- Successfully complete career development courses and additional training as required by the customer.
- Ensure the reporting of any identified Adverse Events in line with prevailing process and guidelines.
- Project a professional impression of the Company and act in accordance with the relevant Pharmaceutical Industry's Code of Practice
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Biomedical Science, Nursing, Pharmacy or related field.
- Basic knowledge of Pharma Market and related procedures.
- Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct face to face presentations to customers.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent domestic travel.
- Full driving license.
- No working experience required.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1079779