Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you’re an extroverted expert.
If there’s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it’s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You’ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
Syneos Health – Viela Bio Partnership - Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Our laser focus on healthcare professionals allows you to join our team of more than 1,000 nurses, pharmacists and related healthcare professionals. Our accomplished team consists of 291 MDs, 486 PhDs, Pharma Voice 100 Recipients, HBA Rising Stars and Luminaries, and PM 360 Elite Award Winners. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities.
In partnership with Viela Bio, a startup clinical-stage biotechnology company which was a spin out of Astra Zeneca’s global biologics research and development arm; MedImmune. Viela Bio focuses on developing medicines for severe autoimmune diseases by targeting the underlying causes of each disease. Viela Bio is building a new Medical Affairs organization and a new team of medical affair managers will be hired by Syneos and in collaboration with Viela Bio will be the core of this new Medical Affairs efforts. Viela Bio is expecting to launch its first product in a rare neurological disease late 2019/early 2020 and the new team of MSLs will be instrumental to the success of this new exciting medication.
What You'll Be Doing
This position will function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization and will be responsible for developing and managing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various stages of product development and medical organizations including treatment centers, established societies and associations. This position provides medical information through scientific exchange and supports the company’s scientific and clinical needs specifically related to its neurology portfolio.
This position will be responsible for disseminating scientific data with integrity and an evidence based approach, engaging with specified Key External Clinical and Scientific Experts, institutions, and organizations in their territory through appropriate high-level scientific support for research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives. The MSL will be the primary conduit for Medical Affairs communications and interactions for their assigned institutions and organizations. They will ensure effective communication across multifunctional teams in carrying out Medical Affairs tactics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the scientific data of pivotal clinical trials and disease area
- Contribute to developing medical affairs strategy for launch preparation and successful product launch.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key scientific centers and leaders within the neurology community
- Scientifically engage with high priority Health Care Providers and patient advocacy groups, pre and post launch
- Serve as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, internal meetings, and patient advocacy group meetings
- Collect, analyze, and communicate fair-balanced information concerning therapeutic area, treatment options and emerging standards of care
- Deliver clinical/scientific information to varied audiences with effect
- Support community affairs and general program management
- Support payer access clinical strategies
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- NP/PA/MSN but PhD, PharmD or MD preferred
- 2+ years of experience as an MSL or related neurology research, or medical affairs experience
- Excellent communication and scientific affiliation
- Autoimmune, NMO or Rare Disease preferred
- Product launch experience preferred
- Ability to travel 50-60% and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company’s policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Fleet vehicle
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
This specific position will provide you with the exciting opportunity to closely collaborate with a newly built medical affair organization in Viela Bio, a small innovative company which focused on autoimmunity and in preparation to its first launch.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of clinical education.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)