Are you passionate about discovering, developing and bringing more innovative medicines to help patients?
Idorsia's purpose is to discover, develop and bring more innovative medicines to help patients. Idorsia is an independent biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development of small molecules to meet significant unmet medical needs. With a diverse clinical development pipeline, Idorsia is working to treat Insomnia, Fabry, Cerebral Vasospasm, Resistant Hypertension and Lupus.
The Medical Science Liaison Field Director will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and leadership in developing field plan and MSL engagement with the scientific community. They will hire and build a highly functional MSL field team and be considered the scientific and clinical expert on current and future products. They are responsible for staying abreast of current scientific and treatment landscape trends in therapeutic areas of interest and for building the external relationships with recognized experts, HCPs, and prioritized external stakeholders in the therapeutic and integrated health care systems.
This is a key leadership role responsible for inspiring, energizing, and instilling ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire team by regularly communicating the vision, business objectives and performance outcomes of the field medical force. You will:
- Help develop field medical strategy across the US and hire, train, develop and energize Field Medical team
- Create collaborative environment that drives field medical success and client partnership
- Lead strategic field engagement initiatives, ensuring team alignment, execution, and reporting within a timely manner
- Support the professional development of direct reports and identify opportunities to leverage team skills, experience, and expertise for the benefit of the team
- Lead relationship building with all stakeholders: key external experts, patient advocacy groups, payers, etc.
The successful candidate must be an entrepreneurial relationship developer with a passion for Idorsia's mission.
- Doctorate-level scientific degree is required (PharmD, PhD, MD or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years of experience as manager of field-based Medical Science Liaisons
- Exhibits leadership attributes that align with company-wide initiatives, demonstrated exceptional business judgement, and high sense of urgency
- Knowledge of personnel management including recruitment, hiring, progressive discipline process, coaching and motivation
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)