Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Announced in December 2019, PharmaMar and Jazz Pharmaceuticals have entered into an exclusive license agreement, which became effective in January 2020, granting Jazz U.S. commercialization rights to Lurbinectedin. This milestone is an exciting opportunity for Jazz to enter the solid tumor space with a late-stage molecule, complementing the company's current oncology portfolio of commercial products in hematology/oncology and Jazz's R&D portfolio in precision oncology including investigational efforts in solid tumors.
Lurbinectedin is a potential treatment for SCLC developed by PharmaMar. It is an immunomodulator and selective inhibitor of the oncogenic transcription programs on which many tumors are particularly dependent. Together with its effect on cancer cells, Lurbinectedin inhibits oncogenic transcription in tumor-associated macrophages, downregulating the production of cytokines that are essential for the growth of the tumor. There remains a critical unmet need for patients with relapsed SCLC, as the treatment landscape has not changed substantially in more than two decades since with the last new chemical entity was approved.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will provide clinical and scientific information in response to inquiries about Jazz Pharmaceuticals' marketed and developmental products to physicians, other health care providers, medical centers and staff, health maintenance organizations, and government health agencies. The MSL will also identify and develop relationships with regional and national key opinion leaders; and when appropriate the MSL will assist with the identification of potential clinical investigators. The Medical Science Liaison will collaborate with other field-based personnel to ensure that Jazz maintains a strong clinical and scientific presence in the field.
The Medical Science Liaison will:
- Enhance Jazz Pharmaceuticals' image as an advocate of medical advancement by using knowledge of product, disease state and pipeline products to engage healthcare providers in meaningful scientific exchange of information
- Present scientific and clinical data for Jazz's marketed products
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key opinion leaders, clinical investigators, and providers at academic and non-academic settings in order to achieve mutually agreed upon objectives (i.e., investigator-initiated studies, publications, etc.)
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude that exemplifies ownership of business, partnership with key opinion leaders, teamwork with peers, and respect of supervisors, peers, and customers
- Possess an established medical/scientific background and a proven ability to effectively communicate complex information
- Develop and prioritize solutions to problems, understand relationship between actions and results, and be able to understand and appreciate needs of the healthcare community
- The following education is required:
- Advanced degree (PharmD, MD, PhD or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years' experience in Oncology. Solid tumor experience preferred.
- License (RN, NP, CNP, PA or equivalent) with a minimum of a Master's Degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 5 years' experience in Oncology, solid tumor experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a MSL or comparable industry or clinical role is required.
- Knowledge of geography and key opinion leaders preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for field-based personnel
- Ability to collaborate with internal colleagues in sales, marketing, and managed care accounts
- Ability to deliver scientific and clinical presentations to many types of audiences, including managed care
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 60% of work days required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- PowerPoint and Excel skills required
- Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.