Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the Medical Director (MD) for Neurosciences, the Neurosciences Medical Science Liaison is responsible for the implementation of the Canadian Medical Affairs Plan and tactics that support the successful commercialization of in-market and future Jazz Pharma Neuroscience products.
This is a field-based, non-promotional role. The incumbent will be the medical and scientific expert for the therapy area. The main areas of responsibility include building collaborative relationships with opinion leaders, facilitating the exchange of fair balanced, objective scientific information on Jazz products and related therapeutic areas between the medical community and the company, and gathering medical intelligence through peer-to-peer interactions with healthcare professionals.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to GCP and local regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and healthcare compliance procedures.
Provision of Medical Information
- Provides high quality scientific and medical Information to both internal and external stakeholders on request and in a timely manner
- Delivers best in class, scientific, educational meetings executed in accordance with Jazz and local regulatory and legal frameworks
- Provides scientific information in an objective and ethical manner to ensure appropriate positioning of Jazz Pharmaceuticals medicines within relevant national and local protocols, guidelines and formularies in order to ensure safe and efficacious use of Jazz products
Positions Self as Scientific Expert
- Maintains an up to date and high level knowledge of the therapy area, including Jazz products, new and emerging research areas, therapeutic issues and trends, and competitive landscape
- Establishes reputation as a trustworthy and knowledgeable source of scientific and medical information for the healthcare community
- Supports development of Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a scientific authority in sleep medicine and other relevant Neuroscience therapeutic areas
- Attends appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of medical and scientific developments and to support Regional and National KOL activities
- Acquires a broad understanding of local and national protocols of clinical practice
Supports Company-Sponsored and Investigator Initiated Research
- Supports the local implementation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals sponsored studies and projects
- Identifies clinical investigators with research interests aligned with the Jazz Medical strategy
- Responds to requests for Investigator Sponsored Trial (IST) grants, and facilitates the submission and review of ISTs in accordance with Jazz standard operating procedures
- Ensures support of the life cycle management of all Neuroscience products
Develop External Relationships
- Develops effective working relationships with National and Regional Key Opinion Leaders, leading to a productive two-way exchange of medical and scientific information and opinion
- Supports national KOL advocates, speakers, consultants and advisors through provision of scientific and clinical information
- Develops and maintains a national and regional database of key strategic contacts for each relevant product and disease area
- Identifies educational and research gaps and opportunities aligned with Jazz Medical strategy
Medical Affairs Planning
- Contributes to the development of country Medical Plan and provides input into regional strategies and tactics
- Derives bottom-up regional medical affairs plan
- Manages relevant budget to enable regional execution of Medical Plan
- Works in a collaborative manner with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a Key Account Management approach
Responsible for maintaining Company standards
- Adheres to the relevant national and local industry Codes of Practice
- Behaves ethically and with integrity at all times
- Acts as an ambassador for Jazz Pharmaceuticals following the company mission and values
- Develops, maintains and implements own written development plan
- Prepares timely reporting of activities and insights gained according to the company needs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to research, critically analyse and communicate complex scientific and medical information and data
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with high-level attention to detail, accuracy and depth of knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Willing to learn, flexible and results-focused in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare system, GCP and ICH Guidelines
- Demonstrated competence in inter-personal relationship-building, networking, collaboration and teamwork
- Previous experience in neuroscience and/or sleep medicine an asset
- French-English bilingualism an asset
Required Knowledge, Education and Licenses
- BSc with at least 5 years of experience as an MSL in specialty pharma or other relevant physician-facing role.
- Scientific Graduate with a higher qualification (e.g. PhD, Pharm D, MSc, etc.) with at least 3 years of experience as an MSL in specialty pharma or other relevant physician-facing role
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of "normal" hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory, nationally and internationally (~60% of time)
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.