United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for
patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
Serve as a regional medical and scientific resource working to pair the changing needs of healthcare professionals with available United Therapeutics resources. Engage in scientific exchanges in the field with thought leaders, including development and education of key health care providers on company products and disease states of interest, and clinical research support. Assist Medical Affairs with over all MA strategy execution and project work.
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, consultants, investigators and healthcare professionals (HCPs) in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure communication of current and emerging medical and scientific information products, resulting in improvement of optimal patient care and outcomes
- Present data on products to HCPs including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and allied health care professionals, consistent with company policies and procedures
- Provide scientific exchange to Centers of Excellence and Academic Medical Centers; ensure that healthcare organizations have the latest information on products resulting in optimal patient care and outcomes
- Serve as field therapeutic area expert demonstrating high scientific knowledge and competency of assigned therapeutic disease state, products and competitor data, and as a local medical and scientific advisor for product planning, clinical insights and intelligence; capture, synthesize and deliver HCP derived scientific insights to internal teams
- Support research and development program as requested by Research & Development, Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs
- Provide medical and scientific support to payers, commercial managed markets and related health care organizations
- Deliver and execute effective training and mentoring to internal teams
- Support and execute on special projects, programs, and initiatives
- Demonstrate strong competency in medical and scientific exchange to healthcare organizations
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position covers the South Central Region which includes the following:
New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee
For this role you will need
- Advanced Scientific Degree (PharmD, PhD, NP or PA)
- MSL Level: 3+ years of clinical experience in ILD, Thoracic Transplant, and Pulmonary or relevant disease state(s) (Advanced degree may be taken in consideration for relevant experience) or 1+ years as a Medical Science Liaison or equivalent combination of clinical and MSL experience (Advanced degree may be taken in consideration for relevant experience)
- Senior MSL Level: 5+ years of experience working in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry (or appropriate clinical setting) or 3+ years of experience working as an MSL in ILD, Thoracic Transplant, and/or Pulmonary.
- Demonstrated outstanding ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; including scientific and medical information to a diverse audience of both internal and external personnel in small and large audience setting
- Strong team, planning, communication, and organizational skills
- Exhibits high motivation and high energy level, self-starter
- Presentation, facilitation and instructional skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Active drivers license in good standing
- Ability to work independently and adjusts effectively to work within new processes or requirements
- Sets high standard of performance for self and others; able to multitask and prioritize; performance driven
- Expert scientific knowledge
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities