Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. (DSI) is currently seeking a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to join the Field Medical Affairs Team. This position supports the North East region of the US (currently comprised of NJ and PA). The MSL develops on-going professional relationships with national and regional healthcare opinion leaders and other healthcare professionals to provide medical and scientific support for Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. (DSI) initiatives in selected therapeutic areas. The MSL develops skills and competencies to educate healthcare professionals, DSI internal stakeholders (e.g., Medical, Marketing, and Sales), and decision makers in healthcare systems regarding therapeutic areas and related products developed and commercialized by DSI.
Builds and maintains professional relationships with healthcare professionals (HCPs) by developing the skills and with guidance implementing the following:
- Presenting disease state and Daiichi Sankyo product specific data to HCPs
- Responding to unsolicited requests for medical information
- Identifying and appropriately facilitating engagement of qualified 1) investigators and study committee members for DSI clinical research programs, 2) investigator-initiated research study proposals, 3) speakers for DSI Brand Speaker programs, 4) advisors for DSI scientific, clinical and marketing advisory boards
- Gathering customer insights regarding DSI and competitor products to help inform medical and commercial decision making
- Enhanced professional expertise through attendance of select scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of continuing education, and scientific exchange with key opinion leaders
- Develops positive working relationships with local and regional internal stakeholders to enhance DSI HCP relationships
- Develops the ability to apply the appropriate methods to implement the FMA department strategy within his/her geography in alignment with Medical and Brand strategies
- Completes administrative duties, including monthly expense reporting and field activity reporting
- Represents the Medical Science Liaison function by participating in DSI meetings, functions, events
Additional duties and responsibilities are based on position level/title, may include but are not limited to:
- Provides innovation in enhancing and developing professional relationships with national and regional healthcare opinion leaders and HCP's to provide medical and scientific support for DSI initiatives.
- Ability to anticipate trends and capitalize on opportunities
- Lead special projects/initiatives;
- Assist in the development of team members
- Represent FMA leadership at DSI meetings, functions and events
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- PharmD, Ph.D. or MD from an accredited college or university in a health sciences related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience including medical & scientific affairs, clinical practice, research, academic or US managed markets preferred
- Previous experience in supporting Oncology, clinical research (early development to registration trials) as well as medical education is highly desirable
Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements
Compensation and seniority level/title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Duties and responsibilities may vary based on the position level/title.
Ability to travel up to 60%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.