The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for liaising with internal and external customers, is a field-based scientific and clinical expert who strategically supports the medical objectives of programs. The MSL is responsible for identifying, developing and managing peer-to-peer relationships with a variety of healthcare providers.
This key executive will be accountable to engage in high quality scientific exchange about the science and clinical application of the portfolio to a variety of external stakeholders, as well as obtain important insights about current practice, treatment landscapes, and emerging clinical and scientific data. The MSL will be a credible representative in a variety of interactions with KOL's across their assigned region.
- Develop relationships with health care professionals and provide them with credible, fair and balanced scientific information about the company and its products, research activities, and product development.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to build and execute comprehensive, dynamic territory planning with respect to the molecule, molecule life cycle and therapeutic area and territory.
- Act as a therapeutic area and product expert as evidenced by regular review of relevant literature, participation in scientific congresses and conferences, and internal therapeutic area training, and to develop competitive intelligence on other products in the therapeutic area.
- Assist in conductance of internal training and communication with the medical, brand team, and territory managers. Knowledge sharing, including KOL and site profiling, and education both internally and externally will be a key area of responsibility.
- Assist the medical affairs team in the identification of potential investigators and research projects. This may include assistance with investigator sponsored trial process, sponsored study site identification, recruitment strategies, and collaboration with clinical operations.
The successful candidate must be a skilled relationship developer, employ an entrepreneurial spirit, and passionately embody the company mission.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and networking skills. Able to participate in a scientific dialogue with KOL's and researchers.
- Excellent teaching skills and ability to present and discuss scientific material clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to create and sustain relationships with industry leaders.
- Skilled in clinical research and an understanding of the process of pharmaceutical product development and approval.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment.
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time. Evening and weekend work will be involved.
- Able to function in a highly regulated environment and to adhere to all Eidos guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOP's), while responding to a variety of questions and requests from health care professionals.
- Required: MD, PhD, PharmD or NP with CV clinical practice experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in Medical Science Liaison (MSL) role or relevant clinical practice setting.
- Prior experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.