IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are currently recruiting highly motivated individuals to take on the role of Meeting Planner. The Meeting Planner will be responsible for executing logistics for medical education events and ensuring that IQVIA's commitments are met on-schedule and within budget. In addition, Meeting Planners are also responsible for maintaining consistent communication with sales representatives, faculty and internal staff throughout the meeting planning process. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Meeting Planner performs a variety of complicated tasks daily. The Meeting Planner is the owner of the program workload and responsible for checking all components of a program and following up with responsible parties to effect progress as needed. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
The Meeting Planner is responsible for coordinating all logistics to the high standards of the client:
- Confirmation of selected preferred speaker from the client's Speaker Bureau
- Responsible for updating Pharmaceutical representative on the progress of the program throughout the life-cycle of the program
- Coordinate AV, venue, and/or catering needs for the program with off- shore logistic planner
- Develops a professional relationship with Pharmaceutical representatives and speakers.
- Ensures programs are compliant as per Client's Business Rules and technology applications.
- Reviews program workload daily to ensure all aspects of planning have been addressed.
- Works closely with other team members to ensure successful execution of meetings
- Adherence to various policies (i.e. confidentiality, sensitive communication, intellectual property)
- Notifies direct reporting Manager with any outstanding deliverables and or program related issues or concerns on a timely basis
- Addresses urgent items swiftly and accurately
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years meeting planning experience required
- Pharmaceutical experience is preferred
- Ability to multi-task/plan numerous meetings simultaneously while still demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and/or extended hours to meet clients' business needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced ever changing team environment, while also able to work independently
- Exceptional customer service-oriented skills with a polished, professional presentation
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to problem solve
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1085367